04.

|CHAPTER 4|
VOICES

-

LUCY WOKE UP, in an unfamiliar room she looked to her side. She was in what looked to be a medical facility somewhere in a ski resort.

"Wake up, Sleeping Beauty." She looked back at her left. Johnny.

"Where are we?" Lucy asked, trying to avoid eye contact.

"Victor's medical facility. It was a miracle you survived. You absorbed a solar flare and a cosmic storm." Johnny sighed.

Lucy looked at her bedside table and picked up a mirror. She looked in the mirror to see her hair now a firey ginger. And her eyes were slightly glowing an orange or fire colour scheme.

"God. What happened to my hair and eyes?"

"It must've been the effect of absorbing the flare and the storm." Johnny explained.

"Is there any food?" Lucy raised an eyebrow.

"Of course. Follow me." Johnny stood up.

They both walked down the long hall, finally reaching the small buffet in the facility. Lucy was hungry enough that she didn't even think to throw on a jacket. So basically, she was walking around in a tank top and some jeans.

"Y'know after this, we should really let Reed know you're okay. As soon as he woke up, he blamed himself for you even being here." Johnny said with a low voice.

"Yeah. I just need to process some things." Lucy smiled.

Lucy walked over to the table of hot food with a plate and her utensils and got steak, beans and mashed potatoes. As well as a cinnamon roll in a separate smaller plate. Johnny watched her patiently. She looked starved.

They both sat in a small table for two, quietly noming on their afternoon brunch.

"Lucy, I--"

"--Wanna talk about MIT?" Lucy cut him off. She was confused. She'd heard Johnny's voice in her mind thinking about the last time he'd talk to her a few years ago.

"You still know me Lucy, after years of me hiding." Johnny looked down in shame.

Lucy put two fingers on her temples. She could hear random voices, consisting of staff members, Sue, Johnny, Ben and Reed. Her mind was in shambles.

The voices started getting louder but the one that stood out to her the most was her uncles cursing in his head.

' Why did I bring her along? '

' If I'd just left her out of this project she wouldn't still be in this coma . . .  '

' Why did I send her out? '

"Johnny, we need to see Reed." Lucy said, as the voices in her head started to fade. Johnny thought she wanted to avoid the subject but obliged. They'd already finished their food, so it was about time.

 They'd already finished their food, so it was about time