06.

|CHAPTER 6|
INTERVIEWS

-

LUCY sat next to Johnny, watching Ben closely. He had just lost his wife and had nothing to do but sit on a large crate, and stare at the ring Debbie 'dropped' on the ground.

 He had just lost his wife and had nothing to do but sit on a large crate, and stare at the ring Debbie 'dropped' on the ground

"Where are your ears?" Johnny looked at Ben.

Ben only glared in response.

The chief walked in. "There are some folks outside that's wanna talk to you."

"We're not going public with this. We're scientists, not celebrities." Reed explained.

"It's too late, son. Look." The chief grabbed the remote of the TV.

"When a New York Fire Department ladder truck became part of a tragedy,"

"See that?" The chief pointed.

"But the rescue itself is not the story. One of the five stretched to an amazing length, another one of them was able to break the laws of physics by making the truck levitate, "

"That's what they're calling you, The Fantastic Five." The chief smirked.

"Cool! Come on, Burns let's get out of here!" Johnny grabbed Lucy's hand.

"No, Wait! You two, where are you going?" Sue stopped them.

"We're gonna go talk to them." Lucy said, plainly.

"No. We should think this through." Sue turned to face the TV.

"That's great. Brainstorm." Johnny said, running out with Lucy.

"Get back here right now, Johnny!" Sue whisper-shouted as she, Ben and Reed chased after the two.

He raised his hands up smirking, looking over at Lucy who was stunned at the crowd. "Settle down."

"Do you believe this?" Lucy chuckled.

"Which one of you is the leader?" The chief asked.

"That would be me." Johnny responded jokingly.

"No, seriously." The chief shook his head.

The five looked at Reed as he sighed and stepped in front of them.

"Okay, son. You're on." The chief smiled graciously.

"During our recent mission the the Von Doom Space Station, we were exposed to an unidentified radioactive energy . . . " Reed explained.

They then started to bombard them with questions Lucy put two fingers on her temples. Her head started aching cause of all the questions and voices sounding in her head. She felt like she was gonna lose it before Johnny cleared his throat.