ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣

"Father, mother, your daughter from now will not be able to serve you anymore. Please accept my last bow as your daughter," I said as I kneel to the floor, showing my gratitude. I couldn't hold my tears back. This is where I have been staying all my life. The place I share the most memories with, the people I share the most compassion with. Even I couldn't bare to say good bye to all the cooks and servants.

"Your daughter, Hui An bids father and madam farewell," Hui An said, as she and A Cha kneel to the ground. Both of them are the only closest person I could have from now. I have to depend on them.

"My daughters.. Mei Zhen, I wish you happiness from now on. Remember to always be careful of what you say and do. Whatever happens in the future, your parents will always stand beside you. Just live peacefully and don't offend your superiors," said my father as he hold back his tear.

"Mei Zhen," hugs my mother, "my good daughter- oh my good daughter! For you to leave my side and wed, my heart is happy but sad. Live healthily, I wish you good luck."

She then let go and turns towards Hui An, "Hui An.. Forgive me if you ever felt like we don't give you much love, but we do care for you. Now you will leave as your Zhang Jie's dowry maid, I hope you let go of any bad feelings and start with a new one. Just as how you life will be new after this."

"Hui An" add my father, "you are, after all the daughter of Wen family. Never forget where you belong and stay loyal to the family."

If my eyes didn't betray me, I could see tears flowing down her cheeks. Maybe, just maybe, she has changed for the better.

                                                                       ●▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

The road to the palace was memorable. Since I got the rank of First Female Attendant (Changzai), I should arrive today alongside Ling Mei Mei. The ladies who rank below are supposed to come tomorrow.

When we arrived at the palace, Tang Gugu came to us, "Greetings to  Wen Changzai

When we arrived at the palace, Tang Gugu came to us, "Greetings to Wen Changzai. Your servant is here to guide you to your palace." "Gugu, please ease. Thank you for the service. May I ask where am I staying at?"

"It is Yanxi Palace, My Lady. Please," she said before leading the way to my palace. My first impression of my Yanxi Palace was fine. It was calm, but empty. "My Lady, these are the servants and eunuch who will take care of you from now on."

I saw four eunuch and five servant standing in line before kneeling to greet me, "Your servants greets My Lady Wen Changzai." I smiled and nod towards them, continue my walk inside the west palace.

It was neat. I could see some ornament and jewelries inside the room. In every corner, there are flower vase made of jade that enhance the beauty of the room. "What do you think of the palace, My Lady?"

"I like it. It seems far from other buildings so it is very peaceful," I said, "by the way, who is the owner of the palace? I would like to give my salutation." "To answer My Lady, the owner of the palace is Imperial Concubine Xue. However she is currently staying in Summer Palace to recapurate after giving birth to Fifth Prince."

I wonder what sort of person Imperial Concubine Xue is, "I understand. You can leave. Thank you Tang GuGu." "It is my honour to serve you, My Lady."

After setting all my things into place and adjusting myself to my new home. I began to call everyone to attend me.

"Greetings to My Lady Wen Changzai," all of the servants and eunuch kneel to greet me. One maid lift her head and introduce herself, "My Lady, my name is Jin Mi. I have served in the palace since the Late Emperor's reign. I am here as your Head Palace Maid. Your servant, Jin Mi greets you."

Jin Mi, she looks to be around thirties and looks responsible. "Thank you, Jin Mi. I will have to depend on you from now on." After everyone introduce themselves, I began to speak. "I always treat my servants in a good way and punish my servant according the rules. However, remember this. As long as you are loyal and devoted to me, you will always remain in my favor and I will treat you kindly."

"We will follow My Lady's order," said them together. I smiled and nudged Hui An to give every of them a silver as a token of starting their work.

The sun begin to set. I sit in my new bed, my hands tracing to the silk cover. I started to miss my parents already. At this time, they must have been sitting together and enjoying the night view as a couple.

"Zhang Jie," that startled me. I glanced and found Hui An in the corner of the bed, waiting for orders. I stared at her long enough, she was fidgeting and I found it strange. "I mean, My Lady. Would you like to drink milk before bed?"

Ah. She must have seen my uneasiness being in a new place. "No need. Thank you, Hui An. I don't think I will be able to sleep well tonight."

"My Lady, don't be. You need to wake up early tomorrow to greet Her Majesty The Empress. We can't be late," she said. Right, I just remembered. That's the first rule of concubine, to greet The Empress the day after we arrived into the palace.