three 🥀

+the way that I've been holding on too tight, with nothing in between.

Niall patiently waits inside Dr. Gomez's office, carefully babysitting the nearly four-year-old boy. He has him on his lap, reading him a book. The kid was paying attention to the colorful pictures of the characters than to what his uncle Niall's narrating him.

In the middle of telling the story, the boy politely asked him. "NiNi, can I see deedee now?" His voice was slow and his innocent eyes looking up at him.

Niall sighed and played the boy's hair gently. "Not yet, boi. We're here to wait for LouLou." He explained. The kid pouted but hid it from his Uncle Niall. The kid never got to play with his deedee for a week now, no cuddles every night, and every time he wakes up, and he just misses his deedee very much.

He simply reads the book again, forcing himself to be entertained by the printed animals on it.

A tap on the door disturbs them and Dr. Gomez came in. "Mr. Horan, can I talk to you for a moment?" Niall knew it was about Harry's health condition and he stood up, gently putting the kid on the plastic chair with his book.

"I'll be right back. Just stay here, okay?" He told him and he left with the doctor.

The kid's gaze followed them out of the room, he knew he should not think of what he is thinking right now, but he does anyway.

He got off his feet from the chair, stuffed his storybook on his backpack, and walks slowly to the office door. He peeked outside, seeing his NiNi talking to the doctor, facing the other direction against him.

He faced the other way and back again before walking from slowly to quickly away from Dr. Gomez's office.

The kid barely knew the place, he only goes to his daddy's room when visiting him, but he knows he could ask around the nurses that are passing by.

When he turned into an ally, he found few nurses chatting, standing by, and eating sandwiches. He grips on his backpack before walking towards them.

Before he could approach them, one concerned nurse already noticed him. She gets out of the station and slowly approaches the boy to not startle him.

"Hi, may I help you? Are you missing?"

The boy nodded. "I want to see deedee." He shyly told her.

The nurse glanced at the other nurses, seeing them concerned too.

"Okay, so your deedee... Is he a doctor here? Or a nurse like me? Or a visitor, a patient?" She asked for it would be easier to help him, her free hand drawing circles on his back for it would help calm the boy.

But the kid doesn't know those words, except the word doctor.

"Doc say my deedee will be sleeping here hospital for long." He said, hoping that the nurse would know what that means.

The nurse's face saddened, knowing that this child's father is at coma. She rubs the boy's arm gently to comfort him.

"So, tell me, who's your daddy?"

"Harry Styles."

--

Liam was at his phone for ten minutes, pacing back and forth in front of Harry's room. Making a report of a lost child inside the hospital's premises.

"You had one job," Louis exclaimed, getting mad that a nearly 4-year-old boy ran from Niall.

"I told him to wait for me, the doctor talked to me about Harry's condition, I didn't want these to happen." Niall defended himself, getting stressed out.