four 🥀

Zayn on the next day trapped himself in his own bedroom. His hands above his chest, fidgeting with his fingers. Yesterday was very eventful for him and his mind just went drifting off, it tired him too much.

What concerns him now moreover the fact that he has a child with Harry which he never thought these past few years. It's like life was pulling a prank on him, and the crowds laughing at him, but he never gets it right away.

He is just 23 and searching for a life that he deserves. It's not like it is right to have a kid being him jobless. He doesn't know anything to do besides art. That thought rushes through his head, and his fingers carding through his hair now.

Another thought came up to his mind, back to the day Harry had left him. He now has questions that want to be answered, like did Anne know about Harry's bearing a child and learned that he cannot be a responsible father to their child so they forced Harry to leave him?

Now he was sure enough why they did that, he knew himself better that he can't support to have a family at that stage and fuck it, the first time in history he did thank his parents who did this, because if it didn't happen, Harry would leave him anyway in the worse way he could think because he's a total mess and a disappointment who could not make a living for them.

Ed. Right. The job Ed has been offering to him since the day they met. He didn't think he'd be able to accept the proposal now that he's facing a challenging phase of being a father. He remembers Harry had gone all the way here to see him and talk to him. That only means he yearns for him. So, maybe this is the time he'll get to do whatever it takes to make it right.

He fumbles on his phone, breathed heavily. He goes through his contacts and finds Ed's number. He chewed his lip before dialing it. He's still having a second thought about accepting the job from Ed. He doesn't think he's qualified, let alone the fact that he didn't take a major in college.

Ed is an Art Director, and he has a very kind heart for the street children and those who are in the care of orphanages. Ed was planning to open a private foundation for homeless kids, wanting to teach them art. With that, he offered Zayn a job of being their Art Teacher.

The call was answered by Ed.

"Hi. It's Zen." He started.

"Hi, Zayn. What is it? You don't suppose to bring paintings today, right?" Ed asked him on the other line.

"No, no. It's not about that. Can we meet today? I have something to tell you." He said.

"Of course. Uh, let's meet at the cafe at 5. You okay with that?" Ed asked.

"Yeah, sure. No problem." He answered and the call had hung up.

---

Zayn has to be careful of the decisions he will take. He's now living his life not only for himself but also for Harry and their kid. He was now determined to show their parents that he is capable of being a good father and partner.

He's still nervous because if Ed really accepts him on the job, it's going to be his first decent job. He knows it's nothing, but it will be something for him to work on.

He looked up to the entrance of the cafe when it rang, and he saw Ed walking towards him with a smile on his face. Probably Ed had known why Zayn suddenly called him, it took him years to convince Zayn.

He sat down in front of him. "How are you, Zayn?" He asked.

Zayn smiled a bit. "I'm okay. I mean, it was a very eventful of a week for me." He answered.

"Can you tell me what happened?" Ed asked, they've been treating each other as friends so it gives him a reason for Zayn to talk about it.

"I have a kid." Zayn chuckled at the information he said. Ed was stunned.