Summary

Storm Silverthorne is the youngest of the four more recent wizards and witches born to the ancient Silverthorne pureblood family. Unlike most pureblood lines, not every Silverthorne was placed into one particular house.

Although most of their ancestors had been placed into Gryffindor and Ravenclaw, the Silverthorne family also has a fair amount of Hufflepuffs, and even on rare occasions, a Slytherin in their family tree.

When 11 year old Storm goes to Hogwarts, she is happily sorted into Ravenclaw, while her elder sister Freya is sorted into Hufflepuff, where she is in her 3rd year at Hogwarts, while their two older brothers are in their 5th and 7th years, Sam in his 5th year in Slytherin while Hunter is in Gryffindor.

By some unspoken rule, Storm has respect radiating from everyone around her, wherever she goes, except for the Slytherins, who seemed to all hate her for her family history.

Except for one.

An orphan by the name of Tom Riddle.

The orphaned boy who seeks to find a piece of his family history anywhere in the history of the Hogwarts, and Storm is inclined to help him do so, even if her eldest brother does not approve.

Hunter is determined to break up this new friendship between his baby sister and this orphaned Slytherin boy, even if it means, that Storm hates him, for the rest of time.

But little does any of the Silverthorne line know, that in years to come, the curse surrouding their ancient power will begin to unravel, and they will become more powerful then any living family in the world, should they harness it for the betterment of the wizarding world.

Because, should this power fall into the wrong hands... The results could be catastrophic, and could even cause the downfall of the entire wizarding world, should something happen to the wielders of this ancient magic.

Of Fire and Ice.

Ancient power long forgotten, from when Hogwarts had only just begun to take in students to learn under the four founders themselves.

Though each of the founders took a single animal as their house symbol, the other ancient houses still had their own animals, and powers that they would occasionally still be born with, but it was a very, very rare occurrence among any wizard families of the age, or of any age.

The Silverthorne family bloodline was one such house, who had been since long before Hogwarts, known for their lack of fear when faced with a child of the moon, or werewolves, also known as lycanthropes.

But little did anyone truly know, what power they possessed in order for it to seem to be seen in such a way.

They were said to howl at the moon, and transform back and forth, between a full wolf transformation, and their human shapes in which they are born.

They were said to be the first animagi, the first shifters who took the shape of the animal inside of their hearts, their animal that the spirit they had inside of them, truly embodied.

Then when something shifts suddenly in the balance of the wizarding world, the balance must always be restored of course, but at what terrible cost, could the world go into for being the keepers of the balance?

What ancient powers must be awakened once more to stop a threat that no one could possibly see coming?

But one thing is for absolute certain.

Where there is Fire...

There must always be Ice.

* { Cast } *