Chapter One

In this society, everything was based on your suit.

You could be a Heart, Spade, Club, or a Diamond.

Like the suits in cards you know?

Each suit has their own little world, or 'thing'.

Hearts. Hearts were the most loving and nicest people you might ever meet around here. They were pretty down to earth and cared about everyone, even strangers. Hearts adored nature and art, and were very bubbly about almost everything. They were also great problem solvers, and were even better peacemakers. They were little social butterflies and seemed pretty happy all the time. Or supposed to be. Some were a lot less bubbly and extroverted, but still loving nonetheless. They were in generally bright and colorful people. You couldn't just bring yourself to hate a Heart.

Spades on the other hand were almost the opposite. They were the badasses in town. Not necessarily criminals who did illegal stuff all the time, but most of them unfortunately fell into that category. They were very cool and chill, but they were mean. Maybe not all of them, but if you ticked them off they would  come for blood easily. Some of them were those rebels who bullied kids for fun, but no one dared say anything. People were scared of Spades because they knew what they could do. In short, they were the badasses, like I already said. Although, everything varies just a tad from Spade to Spade. That was another thing, each of them were pretty unpredictable.

Spades were a confusing bunch.

Clubs on the other hand, all could fit into one stereotype. Smart nerds. All Clubs were geniuses with IQs of 148 or even beyond. They were pretty reserved and always had their noses buried in a book. But if provoked, they could shut you up real good with just their words. You probably wouldn't understand what half of those words mean, but you could clearly understand you just got insulted and roasted to the ground. They were also great leaders. They may be quiet, but they were very smart and strategic when they need to take charge. Most world leaders were clubs actually. Overall, they were chill and reserved, but just so painfully intelligent.

Diamonds. Diamonds were the fun ones to mess with. One step too close to their brand new Louis Vuitton bag and they cry boo-hoo to their daddies. They were of course the rich and sassy type. Maybe you didn't have to be rich rich, but you had to have some money and an attitude. That was the main requirement. Some Diamonds were actually good people and used their money wisely to help people, but unfortunately many of them just bragged about their wealth and thought they were the shit. They thought they were the elite , but not many others did. Diamonds were only treated as superiors because they held their money over people's heads and threatened them. It was sad really, but if you thought Spades were mean, Diamonds could be meaner. Spades were mean when provoked, but Diamonds have a constant snobby bitchy attitude.

Did you guys get all that? Great.

Anyway, a way to tell who was what suit was the tattoo on their wrist. You see, you get sorted when you turn 19. After you are sorted, you are forced to get a tattoo of your suit. You get the matching symbol for your suit, so Hearts get a heart symbol, Diamonds get a diamon symbol, like that. It's so you "know your place" according to those in charge. So that you never forget who you are supposed to be and so others can already know.

The way you get sorted is by being handed an envelope from your parents on your 19th birthday. In the envelope, is a paper and playing card that shows your assigned suit. Because when you are 18, usually a few months before your 19th birthday, you take a series of authorized tests and are under surveillance for two months before your sorting is chosen. Yeah, kinda creepy. But it's to ensure you are assigned a suit appropriately and efficiently.

The part where all of this comes into play the most is in college.

They picked 19 on purpose so then you can go straight into college hopefully and start your life as whatever suit. The college dorms are separated by suits as well. All Hearts in one dorm building, all Spades in another, and so on and so forth for the rest. Frat houses were also separated by suits.

But classes were not.

So everyone had to tolerate each other, no matter how much people didn't want to.

Got that? Great let's continue.

Because currently a boy named Jeon Jungkook was shitting his pants right now.

Okay, not literally, but he's been shaking like a leaf since he woke up today. Because today was his 19th Birthday. To say he was scared, nervous, or anxious was an understatement. He's been through so much and all those stupid tests, would if he didn't like his sorting? You can't just change suits, that's illegal!

Jungkook bit his nails anxiously waiting for his parents to walk in the grand living room with with envelope he's been dreading on seeing for 19 years. He's hoping it would get lost in the mail or eaten by a dinosaur, but unfortunately neither of those options seemed likely. People in charge of sorting were very strict and organized about these things.

Jungkook bounced his left leg and ran a hand through his raven hair in anxiousness.

"Oh, Jungkookie! Look what I have!" Jungkook's mother called as she rushed into the room excitedly. His dad followed right behind her with a huge smile on his face.

Most people would be excited right now, but Jungkook was most certainly NOT. He was too nervous. This could change his life forever.

But the thing that made it worse, was that Jungkook had no clue in what he would be.

Normal people would already have a guess on what they were way before they were 19, but Jungkook wasn't normal.

He had thought about it, sure, but never came to a conclusion.

Am I a Club? No, I'm not smart enough for that.

Am I a Spade? Maybe not, I'm not really that rebellious jail type.

Am I a Diamond? Well, we have money and a nice house, but I don't kno-

"Jungkook! Here you go, open it!" Jungkook's mother handed him the envelope, disrupting his life contemplation. He shakily grabbed the envelope and looked at it. This plain white envelope was more intimidating than anyone Jungkook could ever meet, and held more power over him than his parents.

"Oh, I'm so excited! Hurry up and open it!" Jungkook's mother clapped her hands and sat on the large couch across from the chair Jungkook was on. Her husband sat next to her happily.

"Calm down, honey, he's nervous! Let him open it when he's ready." Jungkook's father patted his wife's shoulder and chucked.

Jungkook gulped, took a deep breath, and started to open the envelope. He felt his parents' eyes bare into him with anticipation, and his hands were still shaking. All sound was drowned out as Jungkook slowly took the paper out that had the card taped on it.

Congratulations, Jeon Jungkook!

You are a...

——————————————————————

Oops, a cliffhanger. What do you think he's gonna be?

I'm already working on chapter two so you don't have to wait too long. I'm very very excited for this, but be patient as it starts a little slow but will pick up very fast soon.

If you have questions or nice comments, let me know! All will be answered in due time.

But thanks for reading! Love you! 💜

See you soon!

-AOMT