Chapter Two

Jungkook carefully grabbed the playing card from off the paper, keeping it face down. He didn't even wanna look at it. But he knew he would have to face it eventually, so he took a deep breath and got it over with.

He flipped over his playing card and gasped.

You are a...

Heart

"W-What?..." Jungkook stared at the card in disbelief.

"What is it, honey?!" Jungkook's mom tried peeking at the card from her spot.

Jungkook just reached across the table and handed the card to his eager mother. She flipped the card over and gasped.

"Oh my gosh! Sweetie this is great!" Jungkook's mom shared the card with her husband and rushes over to hug her son. Jungkook hugged back happily even though he was still in disbelief.

"Son, I'm so happy for you!" Jungkook's dad took his turn to embrace his son.

"Thanks guys..."

Okay, Jungkook wasn't unhappy or anything, because frankly a Heart was probably the easiest thing to be. But he didn't feel like it fit. He didn't think he fit into any category. He could see other people suiting their suit, stupid pun intended. I mean his dad was a Club, as he was a very smart lawyer, and his mom was a Heart too. Suits were not hereditary, so that independence of events allowed some individualism.

"I'm very happy for you, and you are a Heart like me! Are you not happy darling?" Jungkook's mom asked with a genuine smile.

"No mommy, I'm... happy. Really."
—-

Jungkook sat there crying in his bedroom after his mini celebration.

Per usual.

But again, he's not unhappy, but now he's frustrated.

Especially since he has to start college next week.

The college he was going to attend started later this year due to remodeling, and they had an extreme preference that you already know your suit before you attend. Mostly because they don't want to assign you a room in a dorm that doesn't belong to your suit. Then it'd be chaos having to switch dorms after having connections with people already.

Ugh, college was gonna be a mess.

Jungkook's only goal was to survive his first year with decent grades and no major drama. Is that so much to ask?

"Jungkook! Dinner is ready!"

Jungkook's mom yelled. She wanted to make Jungkook's favorite meal and dessert in further celebration of his birthday and discovering his suit. And so, Jungkook went to stuff his face with his mother's delicious cooking.
——

After a night of celebration and a surprise visit from some family and friends, Jungkook went back up to his room.

He stared at his suitcase and sighed heavily. He honestly was dreading university. It may be a little weird, but he was too socially awkward for this college bullshit. And now he had to spend the next four years with a bunch of strangers?
No thank you.

But unfortunately, Jungkook and his family were paying good money to send him there and learn, so he had to go make the best of it.

I mean, what could go wrong?

—-

A lot was already going wrong.

Today was the fateful day Jungkook would go to college. He had to get there and settle today for his first day of classes two days from now. It was around a four hour drive, so he had to make it on time when the administrations office would be open.