Ch 12: Heartbreak

I woke after a few hours and it was 6 in the morning. "Hey, mum" I say as I call her up. "Honey, how is she now?" she asks in concern about Scar. "She hasn't woken up yet mum," I say sadly. "oh honey, she will be fine before you know it. She is a fighter after all"  guess Mike told her about the boxing.

"How's Mike?" I ask her. "He had dinner and insisted on going there but I gave him one scolding and he fell asleep in your room," my mom says and I can hear the smirk on her face. "That's good, he needs rest. He looked like a zombie yesterday." Mum agreed and said she will be here with Mike when he is ready to come. I say and we say farewell.

I go into Scar's room. I realized I did not go inside since I came here. I noticed 3 post-it notes on the desk beside her.

"wakey wakey, rise, and shine. I want to see the beast back.—A"

"Scarlett Jane Mac, you better wake up soon. Or else you won't be seeing your favorite person again.—A"

"Scar, come back fast! I need you at the rink. The guys miss you! Come home soon !—love A"

If I wasn't so upset about how she is right now, I would have burnt those notes at the very moment. Who is he? Was he her boyfriend? Mike seemed to like him. How close were they? Did he come here daily? Who the fuck is Ace Lenon to Scar?

I was going crazy thinking about it and to make matter's worse the devil himself decides to appear. I sit there beside Scar as I see Ace with another note in his hand entering the room. He looks at me and gives me a toothy grin. How I wish to break those teeth.

"Hey, Jack right? I didn't know you were here" he says coming towards me and shaking my hand. "hi Ace. I stayed the night. Mike needed to rest." I say shrugging. "oh, yeah. He seemed out.  Would you like to take a break? I could be with her here. I am free today" he asks holding Scar's hand. He was holding her hand. That burn in my chest flares up again.

"Umm, no I am good. Mike must be coming anyway. So did you come here daily?" I ask like it was a random question. "yeah, I had to see her." He says heading to the table and placing the new note beside the others. I could read what was written on it.

"I need my beast back. So wake your ass up girl. I need to tell you something too.—love A" with a wink face.

God, I hate wink face now! What would he want to say to her? And his beast? She isn't a thing to be owned!

"So how long have you and Scar known each other for?" he asks taking a seat on one of the chairs "Around one and a half months I guess. I shifted as their neighbor." I say and he makes an 'ohh' face.

"What about you?" I ask curiously. "I knew Scar in middle school, then I joined boxing and didn't see her for a while. After that, she also joined the rink and here we are." He says with his stupid smile. "So you guys are BFFs?" I ask with a raised brow. "yeah you could say that. Mike and Scar are like family to me. She is also I got" he says in a rather sad tone.

Mike entered the room I was kind of hoping my mom would too, but she wasn't there. "Hey Jack, Mrs.Ritz had some errands to pull so she couldn't come," he said and then say Ace there who was now standing too. "Ace, my man! You are here today too. I told you I will tell you when she is awake." Mike says to him doing the bro hug.

"Hello to you too, and that's not a problem. I had to see her myself and I also had a free day today." He says looking at Scar. Mike and I go to get coffee from the café downstairs and Ace stays back. I hate nothing more than Ace staying back right now!  As we are on our way back, the front desk called Mike to fill a few forms, I left to scar's room.

As I was near the window, I stopped when I saw Ace holding her hand on his cheek and saying something to her. I went near the door to hear what he was saying. "You need to wake up soon sweetheart! I need to tell It to you.." tell what? And sweetheart?

"Mike is tired now and your friend Jack is also here. Remember you told me about him and how he followed you to the forest. You told me how he is not like a typical schoolboy. I didn't like him at all when you told me that, but now I see him, he has soo much concern for you Scar. You made a friend outside the rink sweetie and I am so proud of you!  I have always been proud of my beast."

I saw a tear roll down his cheek. Wow! That man there is crying for her. "The guys at the rink ask for you daily. Bill finally is getting married. And you won't believe who it is. Its Anne. Yes, the very same Anne. I just wish you were there with me. Last month you asked me to get my ass back up, now you better do it soon baby, I need you there! I miss you. I hate to see you like this. Wake up girl, who else have I got other than you. Mike and you are my family and I cant see you like this nor him. He is broken. Please just wake up. For Mike.  For your friend. For me."

I could hear his voice break in the end and along with that my heartbreak too. Ace loved her. So much. It was audible in his voice how much he cared for her. And he talks to her as if she is his life.  Suddenly I hear a voice again. But not Ace's. It was soft and weak.

"Is Acey crying for me?" it said. I instantly knew who it was. I jerked my head through the window and saw her with her eyes open. She has her hand laced with Ace's and he couldn't seem happier. And the look on her face said it all. She liked him too. Deep down I kind of wished that it was only Ace, that maybe I had a chance.

I took a deep breath and go inside. Ace looks and me and then at Scar who is also staring at me. I was sure she would be annoyed but for the first time, I saw her smile. Not a fake smirk but an actual smile which made my heart instantly melt.

"So you decided you won't stop following me Ritz," she said in a low voice. I chuckled and almost ran to her side. "How are you?" I asked resisting my urge to touch her. "How do I look?" she rolls her eyes at me. "Broken ribs also don't end that sarcasm" I hear Ace chuckle. She too laughed. They looked so good. Perfect to be honest.

"Scarlett!" I see Mike run towards her and hug her. "Woah Woah brother, I still have broken ribs," she says as with that I could see Mike loosen his grip on her. "I'm sorry, I missed you Scar," he says looking at her.

"I missed you too Mikey," she says hugging him again. Ace clears his throat and they look at him. Scar laughs and pulls him into the hug too. "I missed you beasty," he says nestling in her neck. "I missed you too Acey," she says and then looks at me. "come here stalker," she says to me. I sprint there and Mike pulls me and us 4 group hug.

My mum came in the evening with dinner. "I bought some veggies and pasta for the boys and porridge for you dear," mum says to Scar. "why can't I get pasta?" Scar pouts. We call chuckle and Ace says "Cause we aren't the ones who broke our ribs and jaws ." Teasing her. He didn't leave her side since she woke up. They are truly perfect.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, lovelies!

what do you think about Ace? He is totally cute! Sack or Alett?

Vote and comment!

-xoxo,Lumos