Ch 28 A Shitty decision

I went down and saw Jack and Mike sitting on the couch and Ace sitting in the chair, facing them. They weren't talking, my heart started to race as I walked towards them.

"Did you.. did you find something?" I asked Jack as I went to sit beside him. Inside my head, I was begging him to say yes. He took my hand in his and rubbed it.

"What? You found something right?" I asked again, losing my patience. They both looked at me and I was now almost panicking.

"Yes," Jack said with a wide smile on his face. I immediately felt a weight lift off my shoulders. 

"Then why the grim faces?" I asked looking around. "Cause the treatment costs a fortune and I cannot afford it," Ace said in a low voice.

"How much ?" I asked thinking of all the ways we could arrange money. "70- 75 thousand dollars," Jack said.

Shit! That was a lot. We were still students and none of us had that much money. Our parents left us money which was around 20-30 thousand.

"We have around 20-30," I said to them and Mike nodded. I knew he wouldn't say no if we used that money. We never cared about that money anyway.

"No, you can't pay that much for me. That's for your college and future. I can't take money from you guys" Ace protested.

"Shut your mouth again Lenon. No one asked you" Mike said still thinking.

I saw Jack texting someone. I looked at it and it was Jonah. It looked like he told her about it.

"My dad left us some in his saving when he died, I don't know how much it is, but we could put that too. It would be around 20" Jack said looking up his phone.

" I said no one will pay for me" Ace shouted and left the house. What just happened? Did he just walk out on us? I ran out and saw him sitting on this porch with his head in his hands.

"Ace, get back in" I shouted at him. "You walking out will not solve our problem," I said sitting beside him.

"Leave me alone Scar" he growled. "Ace look at me," I said nudging him. "I said look at me," I said sternly.

"What?" He said looking at me. "What part of we are a family don't you understand you, idiot! I said we will go through this together, and we will." I stated.

"I promised your dad I will do anything and everything to save you, and Scarlett Mac doesn't take back her word," I said glaring at him. I knew he didn't want our help. He was being selfless and I hated him for that right now.

"Okay listen, once we get you treated and you are good, you could work your ass off and pay us back. But for now, get that tusshy in there so that we can think of something" I said. He was just looking at the road, deep in thought.

"My bike could fetch around 10k," he said suddenly and I instant smiled at him. I pulled him up and inside the house.

None of us said anything for a while. "I will pay every penny back once I am well," Ace said finally breaking the silence.

"Mum is home, I need to talk to her about something. See you all for dinner" Jack said going out the door.

Jack's POV

I texted mum about the money and she was the one who told us we could use dad's savings. I knew she would do that. She was great and she loved Ace like her son.