Ch 19 Not my secret

The next day I was with Mike at our regular lunch table. He was giving me smirks this entire time and I knew exactly why. As soon as the other guys left, I burst out. 

"Ok man, spill it. Why have you got that smirk on your face?" I say annoyed now. "Chill man, I expect that you read the letter, which my sister dearest gave to you yesterday?" he says leaning closer. 

"You knew about it the whole time?" I was shocked that he knew and didn't tell me. "You asshole, I was waiting for her yesterday and you didn't tell me about it?"

"Yeah, she showed it to me the day before. She was asking me if it was the right decision. Damn, she was like a love-struck teen. I never imagined her to be like that ever." He laughed. "Yeah, well she came yesterday and gave her gifts. Before leaving she handed me the letter. After reading it, I went out and found her waiting for me there." I felt my cheeks burn. 

"Cool, so you guys official?" he asked smirking. "yup" I grinned at him. "wait, you guys didn't kiss or anything yet right?" he asked. Should I tell him? He would get to know eventually, so why not tell him. "that...umm.. maybe," I say shrugging. 

"omg, Scar kissed you. Wow! She has grown up!" he grinned at me but I could see the shock in his eyes. "She's good, man. I never expected her to like me the same way I like her." I said as we head towards the basketball court. And of course, Scar was there. She was busy playing, so she didn't notice us first. I just stood there and watched as she threw a 3-pointer. Damn, that was such a turn on.

After school, Scar wasn't there at home. Mike said she went out with Ace. Something was wrong with him. I couldn't exactly point what it was, but something was definitely wrong with Ace. I mentally note to ask Scar about it when she comes back.  

"Jack, Mike told me something that I should have heard from you," mum says sitting on the couch with me. Damnit.  I didn't tell her about Scar yet. Remind me to kick Mike's ass later. "Mum, I was gonna tell you. Everything just happened so fast, that I didn't have time to tell you."

"but it's great news, honey.  You always wanted to join the new school's basketball team and now you're finally in." mum says smiling. Wait, what?

"Congratulations Jack!" she pats my shoulder.  Yeah, that happened too. But I was more concentrated on my letter that I forgot that too.

"Umm, mum. There's something else too. So you know yesterday, Scar came at night to wish me right." She nods. "and you also know that I love her right. Like really a lot". she nods again. 

"So she may like me back," I say smirking. "Omg! If this is some sort of a joke, I will be upset Jack," she says sternly. "No mom, I am serious. The one and only Scarlett Mac likes me back mom." I say with a wide smile, just thinking about it makes me very happy. 

"Omg, I'm so happy for you, for you both. I love Scar," she says. "So tell me everything, how did she tell you?" She asks excitedly. "Well, she wrote me a letter and then I confessed too and here we are," I say, not telling her about the kiss. 

"So, can I read the letter?" she asks excitedly, and I heard the bell ring. "No mom, There's something called privacy," I say opening the door to see Mike. 

"Mike, did you know that your best friend here has a girlfriend now" Mom yells from the couch snd Mike bursts out laughing. "of course I'm aware Jonah, the girl happens to be my sister," he says joining her on the couch.

"Mike! You knew and didn't tell me." mum said. "Sorry Jonah, but it wasn't my secret to keep," he says chuckling.

--------------------------------------------------

Hey, Lovelies!

I know it's been long since my last update. Thank you so much for all who stayed along.

Vote and comment!

-xoxo,Lumos