3.3

She turns from where she's been absently watching Fabian doing the washing up, having volunteered to do it before promptly kicking the other two out of the kitchen, when Sebastian nudges her gently.

"So, how about sharing with the class?"

"Sharing what?" She frowns, turning her whole body to face him properly.

"Why you're avoiding Chris." He states, raising an eyebrow when she just sighs. "In all the time I've known you two, you've always been pretty much attached at the hip, living in each other's pockets - however you want to phrase it, you've always been close."

She rolls her eyes at his wording, choosing to ignore the smirk that creeps onto his face at the reaction.

"What happened?" He prompts when the silence between them goes on too long.

"Nothing happened."

"Mhmm, sure."

"It's true. Nothing actually happened."

"But?"

"I was really rude to him when he wouldn't drop the subject last time we properly talked. Now, everything's just really awkward between us."

"From your end? Sure." He nods, before continuing before she can attempt to derail the conversation in anyway. "But, from what I've seen online, he doesn't share that feeling. In fact, he's been throwing out lifelines left, right and centre for you, trying to reach out to you in any way he knows how without physically turning up on your doorstep."

"He threatened to." She comments under her breath, slumping when he smiles knowingly.

"I'm sure he has."

"Is that why you're really here?" She looks at him in suspicion. "Because he talked to you about it and you decided to be his advocate, his inside man?"

"No," Sebastian says immediately, looking mildly offended by the accusation. "I came here because I care, because I wanted to know your point of view on this whole thing. I might have known Chris longer, but that doesn't mean I care about you any less."

"We both do." She turns around to see Fabian leaning against the doorway, arms crossed loosely against his chest. "It's valid to feel awkward, but don't let that ruin a friendship like the one you have with Chris."

She falters for a moment before sending them both a small, tight smile. "I'll try."

They seem to accept the effort as they each hug her, Fabian joining them on the couch before doing so, before turning their attention to the Netflix home screen that's been displayed on her TV screen since before dinner when her and Sebastian had been catching up on shows together while Fabian had been cooking.