Chapter 1

Chapter 1

It was Haru’s most awaited day, the day when she turns first year in high school. She finally was in the same school as her long time crush, Tsunayoshi Sawada. Each step towards the school was filled with happiness. As she walked through the school gates, she could see the beautiful cherry blossom trees surrounding the entrance. The trees led towards the huge school building.

She excitedly looked at the list of classes and saw that she belonged to class 1-2. She ran her finger through the list to see if she knew someone from the class. She jumped with joy and happiness when she spotted Tsuna’s name on the list. She tried to calmed herself and continued checking for familiar names on the list. She was happy and disappointed at the same time when she found Kyoko’s name. Her beloved Tsuna was deeply in love with Kyoko, and she knew that. Yet she couldn’t hate Kyoko, for she was her best friend. Kyoko was always there for her when she was troubled and comforted her a lot. She couldn’t just hate her because Tsuna was in love with her.

 Her thoughts were then interrupted by a voice from behind.

“Oi, you’re blocking the way.” The voice said in a vexed manner.

She turned to see who it was and was surprised to see that it was Hayato Gokudera, the ‘self-proclaimed’ right hand man of Tsuna. He had a backpack on his shoulder and a very annoyed expression on his face. It was pretty much normal to her. What actually surprised her was the fact that he was there without Tsuna.

“Ugh, good morning Gokudera-san.” She greeted him as she moved away from the list.

Gokudera just shrugged and walked away the moment he saw which class he was in. Haru turned red with anger.

‘Not even a reply? Why does he always act like that?’ She wondered. ‘Does he think he’s better than me?’

She tried to keep it all in and forget about it. She was in the same class as the person she liked. She couldn’t let some jerk ruin her day, even if that jerk was her crush’s best friend. With that, she immediately walked towards her class.

When she reached her class, she looked for her seat right away. Her seat number was indicated on the class list she looked at earlier. She wondered if her seat was near Tsuna or close to the window at least. Her excitement turned into utter dismay when she finally found her seat.  Her seatmate was the last person she wanted to see right now.

“Gokudera-san?” She squealed.

Gokudera ignored her and continued to sleep on his desk. Girls started murmuring on how lucky Haru was to be seated beside the hottest freshman in school. On the contrary, Haru sulked in her seat. She didn’t care about Gokudera’s popularity or how hot he was. The only thing she knew was that this guy was a jerk, and he was the last person she wanted to be with right now.

Haru tried to think positively. She looked for sources of positivity. Her eyes searched the room and spotted Tsuna. She decided to walk towards him to talk but stopped herself when she saw him sitting beside Kyoko. Her eyes turned sad, and she continued to sulk. Gokudera, who was actually awake, secretly looked at Haru. She looked like she was about to cry. He just ignored her and continued his pretense.

Later on, the teacher started giving orientations and asked everyone to introduce themselves. Haru wasn’t in the mood to do such a thing. Her head was too preoccupied with the happenings early that morning. When it was her turn, she forced a smile and tried to sound like her usual energetic self.

“Good morning everyone! I'm Miura Haru. I enjoy cosplay and… well I …love doing all sorts of things.” Unable to think of anything else, she quickly sat down