Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Weeks had passed, and Tsuna’s attempts on asking Kyoko out were all rejected. Haru could see the sadness in Kyoko’s face every time they ate lunch together. She felt guilty. She loved Kyoko, but she also loved Tsuna. She was aware of how selfish she was becoming, but what was she supposed to do?

In the classroom, Haru’s mind wandered. She stared at the sky and noticed how vast it was. She admired how beautiful it looked. It reminded her of Tsuna, accepting everything and looking out for everyone. She really loved how Tsuna was. She wanted to be with Tsuna. She knew he was the one. She used to think of just that, but now she felt insecure. Her face got filled with sorrow.

“You look even stupider.” She turned and saw Gokudera.

Gokudera acted as if he found something interesting in the teacher’s discussion. Haru started to wonder if she really heard him say something or if it was just her imagination. He was still seated in his sleeping position. Only his eyes could be seen as the rest of his face was covered by his arms that were folded on the table. Suddenly, the teacher called his attention.

“Gokudera, stop sleeping! Answer question number five.” The teacher ordered.

“Square root of two.” Gokudera answered lazily and sat back to his sleeping position.

Haru was shocked to see Gokudera effortlessly answer the question.

“G-G-Gokudera-san’s a genius?” She shrieked.

“Obviously.” He said wryly.

“You’re too conceited for your own good!” She snapped.

“No, it just proves you’re an idiot, stupid woman.” He snapped back.

“Both of you, stop fighting.” The teacher scolded, and they both looked away with pouts on their faces.

‘Gokudera-san hasn’t changed one bit.’ Haru thought and got annoyed with herself for even remembering his name.

When the class ended, Haru approached Tsuna.

“Tsuna-san!” She called.

Tsuna shrugged off Haru’s call. “Um, excuse me Haru, I have to go somewhere for a while.” He then rushed after Kyoko.

Haru saw how Tsuna ignored her went after Kyoko. Her lips curled downwards and tears started to well up in her eyes.

Gokudera was going out of the classroom when he noticed Haru. Seeing Tsuna running off, he got a grasp of what happened. He approached her, still trying to act indifferent.

“Sucks to be you huh?” He grinned slyly.