Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The Vongola Family and their friends were invited by Reborn to a beach resort.  The resort had a sparkling beach and beautiful white sand. The girls went to the changing room first to change into their bikinis while the boys changed into their swim wear. When they were done, Kyoko and Haru were surrounded by tons of admirers. They uncomfortable with the stares of the boys and walked as rapidly as possible and shrugged all their requests. Haru, Kyoko and Chrome approached the other guys who were playing beach volleyball. Chrome hid timidly behind Kyko because she was too shy to show herself in swim wear. Haru and Kyoko pushed her to give her more confidence and tried not to blush too much out of embarrassment. Haru hugged Chrome in admiration for she found her shyness extremely cute. Eyes were looking at the three girls. There were also squeals coming from the girls who looked at the both Gokudera and Yamamoto. Ryohei couldn’t make it because he said he had a date with Hana. Tsuna sweatdropped at the popularity of his two friends and his spirits lit up when he saw Kyoko wearing her swim wear. Kyoko blushed back when she saw him look at her. Haru glanced at them and gave a flashed a sad smile. Gokudera was looking at her as well. They stopped playing and Tsuna was about to invite Kyoko somewhere when Haru intervened and asked Tsuna if she could talk to him for a while. Kyoko insisted he went and so he went.

They were surrounded by coconut trees and the sounds of birds were everywhere. Haru was turning her back on him trying to gain the strength to tell him how she feels. She inhaled and turned to him. He looked at her with a confused expression. “What is it, Haru?” he asked.

“I….Tsuna-san….I like you!” she said.

Tsuna was speechless but of course he already knew how she felt. He smiled at her. “Thank you” he said. Tears were now bursting in Haru’s eyes. All the emotions she had kept inside were finally shown. The container deep inside her finally broke. Her burden had lightened. “Thank you as well, Tsuna-san” she smiled.

Haru was at a shack drinking a glass of shake when a guy suddenly approached her. He asked if she could sit across her while he’s waiting for someone. Haru agreed and he sat down on the chair. They chatted a bit. He told her his name was Keiichi and he and his friends came to the beach to stay till night time. Haru also introduced herself and told him they were here to stay for the night. They chatted and laughed at each other’s jokes. They had a pretty good conversation.

Gokudera was playing with Lambo and I-pin. Lambo was making a castle and boasted to Gokudera about how awesome the castle he made was. Gokudera ignored Lambo and was looking at something else. I-pin approached him and asked if she could be the one to rebuild his sand castle. Gokudera said yes without even knowing what she had said. He was too focused on something else.

Tsuna whispered to Reborn “Ne Reborn, do you think Gokudera-kun is looking at Haru?”

Reborn who was sipping coconut juice replied. “I don’t think, I know”

Haru was led by Keiichi to a cliff near the ocean. He said that there was a great view of the sea there. When they finally reached the the cliff, Keiichi’s friends suddenly appeared with scary looks on their faces. She immediately knew it was a trap. She was walking backwards out of fear. When she realized she was already at the tip of the cliff, she had no other choice. She fell down. She heard a violent voice calling her name. The sound of punches came from above. She was about to dive beneath the ocean. She closed her eyes. She could feel someone reaching out to her. No it was holding her. What was this?

Her eyes fluttered open. The ceiling she saw was rocky. Rain poured outside. The storm was ferocious. She could hear the loud thunder. She noticed that she was lying on something hard. She turned to her side and saw Gokudera with his eyes closed. He was probably asleep. She sat up and noticed his hoodie blanketing her body. She took it and wore it. She held it close and smelled it. She blushed at his scent. He was lying on the other side, sleeping helplessly on the ground.  She couldn’t resist noticing how handsome he was.

‘Gokudera-san, you keep on helping me. I wonder why’ she thought. ‘This is bad. You’re making me like you desu.’ She involuntarily leaned her head onto his. Slowly it was moving closer. Suddenly, Gokudera’s eyes fluttered open. Haru jumped and immediately back away. Gokudera stared wide-eyed at her. He touched his lips and looked at her. “Did you just…”

“no” she interrupted. “I didn’t. I mean I was just…..” she was standing against the wall of the cave they were in. She winced in pain and noticed that her ankle was sprained. She slid down the wall of the cave and sat down on the ground.

Gokudera looked at her with an annoyed expression. He walked towards her. He kneeled down on the ground and his hand touched the wall. He moved closer to Haru. “You got guts don’t you, stupid woman?” he said. Haru looked away trying to avoid his gaze. “Ummm…..Gokudera-san you’re too close” she said as she blushed.

“You’re too naïve. You’re clumsy, too trust-worthy and idiotic” he said.

Haru’s heart clenched. She turned to him, her face full of anger. “Yeah, well you’re a jerk” and she was surprised to find Gokudera’s lips already against hers. Her eyes were wide with shock. She tried to pull away but when her lips were released he pulled her back and kissed her once more. He was too strong. Of course he was, he was training to be worthy of being Tsuna’s right hand man, why wouldn’t he be strong? She tried to push him away with her hands but he held onto them and had a tight grip on them. She couldn’t escape. She eventually gave in. Her heart was beating like a drum in her chest. When he pulled back, he looked into her eyes. She could see his green eyes looking at her as if it could see right through her soul.

“Were you trying to make everyone worry?” he asked. “Were you that desperate to like someone else?”

He turned away as he said this. Haru could see his face turning bright red as well. “Gokudera-san” she uttered his name. The rain stopped. He looked outside and went silent. He faced his back to her and told her to hold on to him. She held onto him tight. She rested her head on his back. She could feel the beating of his heart. Haru smiled as he carried her on his back.

“Thank you, Hayato-san” she said.

“Idiot, when did I give you permission to use my first name?” he said in a vexed tone, when he was honestly happy about it.