Chapter 76

A/N: This book is nearly done and will probably go to Chapter 80. I haven't decided yet. Enjoy this Chapter!
-
Selena's P.o.V

Caleb and I sat in one of the nearby restaurants that were close to VS, while I was watching my eating habits while I was pregnant, I told him not to take me somewhere so tempting that I wouldn't be able to resist a cheeseburger with fries. I had ordered from the menu while our waiter had delivered out drinks before our meals, and we sat waiting as I sipped into my water with ice in it, and Caleb sat back not saying much. He was in town for a few more days until he had to travel once again for work overseas.
-
"So how are you and the baby doing?" He questioned with a smile.
-
"Good." I said. "Regular check ups and that sort of stuff." I said carelessly.
-
"Is Zayn taking you to those?" He questioned.
-
"Zayn's not really around these days." I told him truthfully.
-
"Last time I saw you both, you were still arguing." He recalls. "Nothing has changed?"
-
"We had another argument just a few days ago, and he made this whole scene at VS letting everyone know about our marital problems then proceeded to threaten me with divorce." I told him honestly.
-
"Really?" His eyes widen.
-
"Yes, and he also said that with the snap of his fingers, he would have divorce papers ready on standby if I asked for them." I explained as I took a sip from my water.
-
"Are you?" Caleb questioned.
-
"I don't know." I lifted my shoulders carelessly.
-
"Do you not love him anymore?" He questioned.
-
"I do." I gave him a small smile. "I just think for right now, it's best we both take a real break from each other, to be able to function together." I explained.
-
"Does he think the same way?" Caleb questioned.
-
"I hope so." I said. Zayn mentioned divorce but did I actually think he would go through with it? "I know he's impulsive when he says things, but I don't think he's that fucking crazy to cheat on me." I mentioned to Caleb. "During this break period." I told him. "He'd be really fucking crazy to, if he knows what's best for him." I said and meant it.
-
"Does he know that?" Caleb questioned as our waiter interrupted us momentarily to set our food on the table.
-
"He better, I told him I would find whoever he was messing with and I would drag her across the floor by her hair. Pregnant or not." I explained and Caleb laughed. "I know I can't force Zayn to stay with me if he wanted a divorce, but at least respect me enough in the time we're together." I said as I poured dressing over my salad. "We can work our shit out, but don't go finding what you lost in me in someone else while we're still together, when I am right here to fix it. Do that shit after." I said poking my fork in to salad.
-
Suddenly Caleb's eye widen. "That is where I know her from!" He exclaims.
-
I give him a confused look. "What are you talking about?"
-
"Madeline? Madeline. That new girl that you introduced me to today!" He says and my eyebrows come together at his words. "I saw her with Zayn, at a hotel I'm staying at." He explains.
-
I push a strand of my hair behind my ear and sit up to listen to him attentively. "What are trying to tell me Caleb?"
-
"Listen, I'm not saying anything, and this all might just be coincidence so calm down." He holds his hands up in defeat. "But I saw Zayn with that woman Madeline, at the hotel that I'm currently staying at." He explains. "It looks like they were walking together in a hurry to get somewhere, but when I crossed Zayn, she like quickly smiled at me and told Zayn she was going to wait for him in the dining area of the hotel." He says. "So when you introduced us, and I said I knew her from somewhere, she grew kind of tense." He explains.
-
"When was this?" I question.
-
"Like? A day or two ago?" He says.
-
This was all very alarming to me at this point because Madeline had been acting weird every time Zayn came around. Her body language just gave her away and how she couldn't even look at him when I was around. I knew I wasn't crazy and maybe it was a figment of my imagination, but now that Caleb is putting all the missing pieces together for me, it all makes sense now. Everything does. Is that was Zayn brought up divorce papers because him and Madeline already had something going on during that time span? We're they already messing around with each other and now they we're just playing with me?