three

Ella's P.O.V:

I rolled over in the small bunk at the sound of my alarm blaring. I could hear the groans of the other girls as I struggled to find my phone in the mess of blankets, trying to shut it off. Finally it stopped, and I climbed out of my little bed and stumbled to the kitchen area.

Another wonderful morning on a tour bus, this time making its way to Phoenix.  I started up the coffee maker and waited patiently for the fuel I needed to start my day, which would likely involve a useless attempt to try and get some school work done. I didn't regret the decision I made to join the boys on tour, by any means. I loved being able to travel with my best friends and the guy I loved, it was what anyone would dream of. 

That didn't mean though, that I wasn't having a hard time adjusting. In that moment, I longed for my own bed, and a bathroom that didn't shake half of the time I tried to use it. I snapped back to reality when the smell of a hot cup of coffee hit me, and I heard another set of footsteps coming into the kitchen.

I smiled at the mess of blonde hair in front of me, "Good morning sunshine."

Luke smirked in return, "How did I know you were the only one who could possibly be up this early?"

"Ah what can I say, I'm just the craziest one on the bus I guess," I reached up and put my arms around his neck, pulling his face closer to mine, "But, can you blame me for wanting to spend as much time as possible looking at that cute face?"

"I sincerely hope you're talking about the one in front of you and not one of the other boys. That would be a real let down."

I released him and smacked his arm gently, "Shut up, you dork." I gave him quick kiss before grabbing my coffee mug and sitting down at the table with my laptop.

Just as I expected, Luke joined me, which I was grateful for, even though he was the easiest distraction. Luke let out a dramatic yawn, "Wow, I don't know how you can function this early, I could barely sleep last night. All I could hear was Calum bickering with Kennedy in the lounge."

I frowned, thinking back to the heated exchange the entire bus could hear last night. During our first stop in Houston, things between them seemed better than ever. Since then, though, they were arguing all the time. Something about the confined space of the bus was really getting to the two of them. I hoped for everyone's sake that they could work it out, mostly because being on a bus with a couple who had just broken up seemed horrible.

I kept typing away, trying to piece together coherent thoughts about metaphors and similes. I sighed, "I hope Ashton and Bailey are doing okay. I'm not sure how this environment is for her and her stress levels. We should check in on them later."

Luke remained silent, seemingly glued to his phone screen. I looked up at him over my laptop screen, expectantly, not getting a response. I kicked his foot lightly under the table, "Hello, Earth to Luke." 

He looked up suddenly, "Oh, sorry. I'm just keeping an eye on our social media, seeing what people think about the set list. Do you think it's okay? I mean some people seem to love it and other people are saying they want to hear something different, we only have so much time and I just want it to be perfect and-"

I cut him off, placing his phone on the table, "Hey, hey, slow down. The set list is great, you guys are sounding great. Everyone is loving it, and if they aren't then they clearly have no taste."

He gave me a small smile, "You're right, I'm sorry. Okay, you have my full attention now, what's on your mind?"

"I was just thinking that maybe we could go out with Bailey and Ashton later. Get some dinner, do some exploring. I think they could use a break from being on this bus."