four

Ella's P.O.V:

Later that night, I quickly slid the red color over my lips, knowing I was already running late. Luke and I had plans for a relaxing double date with Bailey and Ashton, a way to spend some time with them and also get them away from the stress of typical tour duties. Ashton had secured us a reservation at a nice restaurant downtown, and I was more than excited to get off this bus and see some of the city.

I was also excited that we would be able to spend the night in a hotel tonight, which was apparently something that wouldn't happen very often for us. Mostly, I just wanted some time with Luke where we wouldn't be completely surrounded by other people or distractions.

I quickly grabbed my wallet and went outside as the Uber pulled up, hopping in and giving a quiet greeting before falling silent. Luke and I agreed to travel there separately, mostly because he needed to leave straight from some meeting or some other band obligation.

When I arrived and walked in, asking the hostess to point me in the direction of their table, I expected to be the last to show up. Much to my surprise, only two heads were at the table as I sat down.

Bailey greeted me with a wide smile, "Oh my gosh, Ella, this was such a good idea. Thank you!"

I smiled back, "Of course, I knew you would love to get away from that craziness for a night. Is Luke in the bathroom?"

Ashton shook his head, "Uh, no. He's actually not here yet."

I sighed quietly, "Well, I guess I can't say I'm surprised."

"What? Is something wrong?" Bailey gave me a worried look, clearly already on edge because of everything that was happening with Calum and Kennedy.

"No, no. Just, uhm. He's just been a little distracted, I guess." I kept my eyes glued to the menu, not wanting to let onto how worried I actually was. I knew I was probably being dramatic, and everything was fine. It was just hard to be in this new environment and feel like Luke wasn't completely and one hundred percent there for me.

Ashton frowned a little, "Oh, I'm sorry about that. I know he's been pretty occupied with band stuff lately. I wouldn't worry too much, I'm sure he's just feeling nervous about how new this all is, and he'll adjust after a little bit."

I forced a small smile and nodded, "Yeah, you're probably right." And he was, I was probably just being selfish. He was just forced into this spotlight, and probably didn't know how to handle it. Who was I to get upset that he just had a little less time to spend with me because he was trying to achieve his dream?

As if on cue, Luke walked in wearing his usual black jeans and a nice jacket, a single yellow flower in his hand. He gave me an apologetic smile as he sat down, "I know, I'm so late, but I hope this helps make up for it." He handed the flower over to me, genuine sincerity in his eyes.

I couldn't help the grin that spread over my face, "Ugh, you're lucky you're so cute." I gave him a quick kiss, placing the flower on the table.

Bailey chuckled a little, "Oh wow, no gifts for the pregnant girl?"

Luke's eyes widened, "Oh, uhm, I didn't-"

Bailey stopped him, sensing his obvious panic, "Luke, I was kidding, it's fine. I have Ashton to spoil me." She looked over at him with a smirk.

"Well I'm happy to do it. Anything to keep my girl and the little alien inside of her happy." Ashton smiled right back, placing a gentle hand on Bailey's stomach.

The rest of the dinner was wonderful. Bailey and Ashton gushed about potential names, with the widest smiles I had ever seen. They genuinely were excited about the baby being either a boy or a girl, not having any preference in mind. Bailey couldn't wait for her inevitable baby shower, and how glad she was that she would be able to spend it with all of us girls.