chapter 12 what friends are for

I woke up with bright lights surrounding me. I blinked my eyes a couple of times. Everything came into focus and so did the memories.

"Hey." I looked over to the chair where Hunter sat.

"Hey." I gave him a small smile.

"You had us all worried." He moved his chair closer.

"I was worried too. What did they have to do to me?"

"Well your leg was  fractured. Your arm that was cut had 10 stitches. One rib was bruised."

"Well that isn't too bad. I'm just glad my legs not broken. That would have had me not starting rodeo till it healed. What about Jackson?" A fear came over me.

"You don't have to worry about him anymore. Me, Tim, Jack, Cody, and Bill took care of him."

"That won't matter if you beat him  senseless he will keep coming back." Tears came to my eyes.

"Hey you dont have to worry about that. My mom got photos of your cuts. After we were done we handed him over to the sheriff."

"How did you not get jailed?"

"We just told him what happened. He looked like he wanted to beat him too. He's going to go away for a  long while. In our little town we don't have any tolerance of that crap." I breathed in a sigh of relief.

"Wait the boys are back? Is Nicky here too? What about my parents and horses. What about my clients and daisy?" My mind was going into over drive.

"Easy slow down. Yes the boys are back. There went to go get food. Nicky is back too. She and the boys have been taking care of the horses and cows. Your parents are coming back. There was some heavy traffic. They should be here in a few hours. And your clients will understand."

"Thanks Hunter. For everything." He sent me a smile showing his white teeth.

Suddenly the door opened as all the boys piled in being as loud as ever.

"Hey Holly! We got you food!" Bill yelled.

"Bill she is right there you don't need to yell." Jack said smacking the back of his head.

"Oops sorry Holly."

"It's good. What did y'all bring me?" Tim came and sat on my bed opposite of the leg with the cast.

"Always thinking about your stomach." He said laughing handing me a burger and fries.

"Would have brought you a pop but doc said no."

"It's fine." I said digging into the burger. Everybody laughed as Tim passed out food.

"Where's Nicky?"

"She's on her way over. Soon everybody was gathered in my room.

"I'm sorry Holly but I have to ask why didn't you tell us?" Nicky asked with a concerning look. I tried to swallow the lump that had suddenly appeared.

"He threated my horses. My horses are my world I could let them be hurt. And I didn't want to drag y'all in to my mess."

"Holly. We are friends. You can tell us anything! Sometimes we are going to drag each other into our mess. That's what having friends mean. We want to be dragged into your mess. Right y'all?" Everybody hollered right. I could feel tears in the back of my eyes.
No body in Texas want to be in my mess.

"Thanks yall." I smothered a yawn.

"We will let you get some sleep." I nodded as everyone left but Hunter.

"My parents were wondering if they could come in really quick?"

"Yes. Please have them come in." He nodded and got them. They all came back in.

"Holly sweetie. You had us a worried sick. But I'm glad to see that you are doing ok."

"Thank you guy so much. I don't know what would have happened if you weren't there. Y'all saved my life. I can never say thank you enough."

"Holly we are always here. If you ever need anything please let us know."

"Thank you so much Mr. and Mrs. Gilbert." "Please call is Emma and B. We think of you as family now."

A/N Thank you guys so much for all the votes and comments. It makes me so happy to hear for you. And so happy that you like the book! So just thanks again! Also happy April!