chapter 28 dance

I pulled the dress over my head. I pulled the zipper up which was kind of hard by your self but I managed. I did some light makeup. Once I was done i did my hair it was braided in a fish tail braid. I went and shoved my id, chapstick, gum, and my keys in to my small purse. The plan was that I would drive to Hunter's house  then he would drive to the dance. I was still mad that I had to go. I shoved my feet into my boots. No way in heck I was wearing heels. There was just no way. I fixed my boots and went out to my truck. I got in and that was kind of hard with a dress. I hate wearing dresses. I drove over to the Gilbert house. I got out and fixed my dress. I went to go knock but before I could the door opened.

"Ooo honey you look beautiful!" Emma told me.

"Thank you."

"Well come on in the boys are in the kitchen." She said leading the way. Brantley and Hunter were there sitting around joking. Emma cleared her throat. They both turned around. Hunter eyes widened. His lips turned into a smile.

"Ok pictures!" Emma said excitedly. We got to the dance a while later after Emma was happy with her pictures. The gym was exploding with our colors. The council had done a great job.
Nicky waved me over. I elbowed Hunter to get his attention. Once I did  I nodded my head to over where they were. He nodded his head. We headed off.

"Ooo Nicky you look beautiful. So do all of you guys!"

"You too!" Soon the principal went on the stage.

"Ok now it's time to crown the king and queen. Can Holly and Hunter please come up!" Tim let out a whistle as I went. The principal put a crown on me and Hunter. "Time for the royal couples dance. Hunter took my hand and led me down to the dance floor. You don't know her like I do came on. Hunter let out a chuckle.

"Ironic isn't it?"

"Just a bit." I said as he spun me around. For being a football player he was a very good and grace full dancer.

"Look Holly I'm sorry about everything I said. But I just can't stand the thought of you getting hurt. Even now. I know you propley won't every forgive me but maybe you can try?"

"I can try but it still hurts that you made me choose."

"I know. That was way wrong of me. But.." He stopped.

"But what?" I asked gentle.

"Never mind." The song ended and he stormed off. What was that?

A/N I'm so sorry this chapter took so long. But between working and trying to hay I don't have a lot of time. Thanks to everyone that has keeped reading. It means a lot!