98 Fisher Street

When I got to 98 Fisher Street, I sighed in relief at the thought of a place to sleep. A nice warm meal. Running water. Electricity. Even a roof over my head was something I was happy about. Sure, I could go to a homeless shelter but then my ID would be checked and they would have handed me over to the cops. I couldn't afford another arrest. If I had another incident with the cops, I would ruin my chances of vengeance, something I would starve myself for. Opening the creaky door, I stepped inside the house. It was rather quaint, with cute ornaments all around the house. When I had finished hunting the mayor, I might actually want a place like this.

I went into the master bedroom, sighing as I flopped onto the bed for a quick power snooze. When I awoke from my restless slumber to the merciless wind, it was already dark outside. I clambered out of bed and looked out of the window at the moonlight. It was beautiful.  The stars winked in the night sky, beckoning me to witness their beauty. However, vengeance was too great a temptation that I knew that my soul needed. Beauty could wait. Vengeance could not. I put on my shoes, ready to break in again when I heard police sirens in the distance. Oh shit. Mr Walker must have been found earlier than anticipated. 

I ran, grabbing some loose dollar bills on my way out. I ran across the road to a house. I wasn't looking where I was going but I made it to the house before anyone saw me. I picked the lock with my hairpins when I realised that there was something familiar about it. I had picked this lock before. This was the mayor's house.