Ariana's POV

"I just don't understand how he could do that to me...after all we've been through" I somehow manage to utter these words through sobs.

"Because he's an asshole and I've told you that since the start of the relationship" Courtney sighs on the other side of the phone.

"He changed, I never thought he'd be the type of person to cheat on me" I sniff.

"Ari...Pete has always been a dick, I literally don't understand what you saw in him...I saw this coming and so did Victoria,Brian, and Scott" she says like its the most obvious thing in the world.

"I don't understand...where did I go wrong? I mean...he seemed like a sincere person Court"

"Ariana, you didn't do anything wrong it was all him, it was his choice to bang some chick and it was his choice to play with you like that...your an amazing person who's deserves way better than him" I couldn't help but crack a small smile through my tear soaked face at Courtney's words.

"Then how come I didn't see this coming? How did I not see how much of a prick he is?"

"Because your a person who puts aside someone's mistakes and flaws to see the good side in them...to see who they really are and with Pete you just...I-I don't know what to say Ariana...you really have a habit of seeing what isn't there" she stumbles on her words.

She's right, I don't judge people based on their covers or their past, I look deeper. Maybe that's my mistake, I shouldn't be so opened up with everyone all the time, it makes myself as a person vulnerable.

"Arianaaaa guess what I- woah are you okay?!" Frankie bursts into my room and notices my pained expression.

"Court, I have to go but thank you for being there for me and helping me deal with it" i tell my best friend.

"Of course Ariana, I'll always be here, I love you"

"love you too, bye" I hang up the phone and look up at my brother.

He gives me a genuine smile and shuts my door before sitting beside me on the bed.

"Pete?" He asks. I nod and wipe my eyes.

"What happened?" he questions further. I inhale deeply before explaining what I had saw earlier today.

*Earlier that afternoon*

Guilt. I feel guilty for bailing on Pete.

Yesterday I told him I would meet him up at his house to watch a few movies but I had canceled today, it was a very last minute thing due to my teacher suddenly making our project due the minute school ended.

I stayed after school to finish up and turn it in as soon as possible.

When I had called Pete earlier to post pone our time together, he seemed furious, he had every right to be though. I decided that I would make it up to him, so I hitched a ride from someone I knew and made it to his house.

I knocked on his front door a few times but I received no answer.

"Pete? Babe it's me open the door, I know your upset but I'm here to make it up to you!" I called out, a sudden burst of hope enlightening me.

No answer.

With a deep sigh, I gave up and tried one last thing before walking back home. I need to get a license.

I reached for the doorknob and twisted it, to my surprise, the door was open! I pumped my fist in the air slightly in celebration.

I open the door and enter the home. The smell of burned cigarettes fills my nostrils, it was normal for me, Pete said it was his mom who smoked which confuses me because when we had first started going out, he claimed he lived alone.

"Pete?" I sang out. I searched different areas of the home only to end up in a pickle.

Where is Pete?

I hear a high pitched noise coming from upstairs. Squeaking?

With an eyebrow raised and my ears perked up, I listen closely as I make my way up the flight of stairs and into the hallway where the source of the noise is located.

Finally reaching my destination behind a closed door, I open it only to regret my decision.

"AHHH!" I squeal and shut the door.

My eyes weld up in tears.

"Shit, hold on Sabrina I gotta take care of this" I hear my boyfriend mumble on the other side of the door.

"It's Monica! and hurry back I need you soooo bad" a female voice replies.

The door opens again with Pete in his basketball shorts, shirtless. "Ariana, I can explain" he rants.

I sniffed back my tears and held my chin up high at the man who broke my heart "what a cliche this is Huh? Coming to surprise you after feeling bad for bailing on some alone time and finding you here fucking some girl behind my back?!"

"I'm sorr-"

"Save it, you and me are over!" I turn on my heel and rush out of the home. My house wasn't too far from here so I ran all the way there with tears streaming down my face and a deep sadness in my chest.

*Present Time*

"Are you kidding me?!" Frankie growls. "I knew he was an asshole! God damnit I'm going to kill him, I'm sorry ariana I'll be here for you"he embraces me.

I relax into his hug and pull away after I regain my composure.

"Thanks Frankie but, I just need to be alone right now"

He nods in understanding and kisses my forehead before leaving my room and shutting the door behind him.

What did I do to deserve this?