2

Ariana POV

I squinted my eyes to try and adjust to the beaming sunlight that had managed to slip through my windows. I stir myself awake and sit up to glance at my surroundings.

My ruffled sheets and the headphones on my pillow, were a clear indication that I had fallen asleep after my talk with Frankie and Courtney last night.

At least it's a Saturday and I don't have to go to school, I'm still too far too weak to see Pete in the halls or probably banging someone else in a restroom stall.

After standing up, doing my morning routine , and making myself look presentable, I head into the kitchen to grab something to eat.

"Morning sis, how you feeling?" Frankie says coming into the room.

I give a weak smile "I've been better but, I'll get through it"

"Atta girl...hey how about we cheer you up and go shopping later? For some quality sibling time!" He cheers.

"Sure, I'd like that...thanks Frankie" I agree.

"Ari! how are you doing?" My mom says coming into the kitchen and hugging me.

"Did you tell mom, Frankie?!" I groan,knowing I didn't tell her myself.

My brother runs out of the room without a word, confirming my suspicions. "I'm okay mom it just...sucks"

"Hmm I know honey but things will get better....I never did like that Pete anyways" she says grabbing a plate from the microwave.

"Here" she hands me the plate, it's filled with a stack of pancakes. "I made this for you earlier but you slept in so I kept it warm for you in the microwave"

"Thanks mom" I smile. She pats my shoulder and kisses my cheek. "Feel better munchkin, I'm leaving for work in a few minutes, I'll be home late today so don't wait up alright?"

"Okay mom" I say shoving a forkful of pancakes into my mouth. "Love you sweetie" my mom waves.

I grin, responding with a mouthful of the delicious dough "wove oh too om".

Picking up my fork full of pancakes time after time makes me finish them quicker than I wanted to. Eventually I decide to get up out of my kitchen and knock on frankies bedroom door.

"Yeah?" he calls from the other side.

"Do you want to go shopping now? I have nothing to do and if I wait any longer I'm probably just gonna bathe in my own tears" I joke...well slightly. I'm still hurt but I'm not as disappointed as I was last night.

Frankie swings his door open with a smile "sure sis, put on your shoes and I'll meet you in my car"

I nod and head into my room to put on some comfortable vans before exiting my home,locking it, and hopping into my brothers car.

"Alright, do you want to grab some Starbucks first?" He asks, knowing my answer.

I nod vigorously,causing him to chuckle and begin driving. Although there was a calming silence between my brother and I, I felt the need to fill the emptiness with some music so I turned up the radio.

I sing along to a few of my favorite tunes with a grin,music always makes me feel better. I belt out one of Beyoncés songs causing Frankie to raise an eyebrow and shake his head before saying "damn Ariana, stop killing me with those amazing vocals"

"Hehehe" I giggle.

We pull up to the Starbucks drive thru and order our drinks, not long after we arrive at the malls parking lot.

Exiting the car with our drinks in our hands and smiles on our faces, I can't help but still feel upset. Like a part of me is missing.

I hate to say it but, I really liked Pete, maybe loved him but I wasn't too sure it reached that point and I'm thankful that I caught him when I did...who knows how long it would've taken me to have found out.

"Hey, you okay? You seemed out of it for a sec" Frankie asks as we enter the packed mall.

"Huh? Oh yeah...I'm fine" I lie.

He sighs "let's get shopping to clear your mind alright? Forget about it, forget about him, forget about me, we're here for you"

I nod "alright I'll try t-" I'm cut off by my own phone ringing.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey boo! Courtney told brian,Scott and I about Pete, how you holding up?" Victoria asks.

I let out a frustrating sigh "jeez I can't tell someone about anything without everyone knowing huh?"

"I'm sorry...I probably shouldn't have said anything, Courtney said not to tell you she told us, actually she didn't say much she just said you guys broke up because of his dickhead choices so I just wanted to check up on you" she apologizes.

I immediately feel guilty for being upset, my friends are just looking out for me. "No it's alright, Im just filled with emotion and I didn't mean to take it out on you, thank you for checking on me vic"

"Of course Ariana, I always got your back"

"Thanks, I'm just...I don't know I feel really empty I guess, I feel used and just...." I trail off with sadness in my voice.

"You have every right to feel those things, Pete was a jerk and didn't deserve you, he played with your emotions and he shouldn't have...hey wait, where are you? It sounds pretty loud over the phone"

"Oh, I'm here at the mall with Frankie, he took me out to try and get my mind off of the breakup" I explain glancing over at my brother as we walk past stores and head up the escalator.

"Awh how sweet, well actually if your in the mood and your up for it...I know another way to get your mind off of things" Victoria says a little too mischievous if you ask me

"What is it?"

"There's this party that I was going to go to tonight, it's for all the seniors...as a celebration for almost finishing the first semester I guess"

"Hmmm I don't know...who's party?" I ask with uncertainty.

"Troye Sivan"

"Oh...well he's really nice, fine I'll go, what time?"

"Yay! I'll pick you up at your house at 8:00, sound good?"

"Yeah, sounds good, see you then Vic, bye" I hang up the phone, I'm not in the mood to party, I just want to have some time alone but I don't want to make anybody feel bad.

"Everything okay?" Frankie asks. I nod "yeah, I'm headed to a party tonight at 8:00 Victoria wants me to come with her so I can forget about...well....you know"

Frankie grins "that's nice, you can get out a little and enjoy yourself! And hey guess what?"

I raise my eyebrow.

"Now we have something to shop for eeekkk common!" He squeals. I roll my eyes and giggle as he drags me to a store.

I appreciate everyone for trying to make me happy but, I'm still really upset. And even worst, my stomach feels icky because I don't want to be anywhere right now.

I'm really dreading this party tonight.