3

Ariana POV

I sigh deeply as I take one last look in the mirror. I don't wanna go.

"Hey sis you read- woah...you look stunning mama!" Frankie gasps, coming into my room. I give a weak smile "thanks Frankie yeah I'm ready, is Victoria here?"

He nods, causing me to grab my stuff and head downstairs. "So you got me covered for tonight with mom right?" I ask.

"For the last time, yes! I got you now go have a fun time" He reassures me. With that, I hug him and wave before exiting my home and entering Victoria's car.

"Hey ari! Ouuu girl you look good" Victoria compliments. "Thanks Vic, is any one else coming?"

She shrugs "I asked scott and brian but they haven't said anything, I know Courtney said she couldn't though because she's busy tonight"

I sigh "well at least I got you".

She nods "yeah you do, and I won't leave your side...well except for like a good fifteen minutes in the middle of the party"

"Victoria!" I groan. "I'm sorry I know I know, I just have to meet these people there" she exclaims.

"For what?" I question. "They need to pay me for doing the entire project" Victoria mutters.

I roll my eyes "why do you do that, your like so smart and don't need to give them an easy 'A' "

"Thanks Ariana but I need the money, you know what I'm trying to save up for" she side glances me.

"For college yeah I know" I scoff. "Look it will only be for a bit, they give me twenty dollars each and I'll be back by your side" she says.

I nod "alright then"

We drive in a comfortable silence until we finally pull up to the party, dozens of cars are on the side walk and I notice the party lights through the windows.

As soon as we exit the car, the loud music can be heard even when we have yet to enter the house. My stomach feels queasy as we walk up to the front door.

"Hey, you ok? We don't have to be here if you don't want to be" Victoria says but I can see her eyes pleading for us to stay.

I shake my head "no I'm fine, this will be fun let's go" .

She smiles and opens the door. I trail right behind her as we make our way past the sweaty bodies and through the crowd dancing to the pounding music.

"Stay here, I'll go grab us some drinks" Victoria shouts over the music. I nod at look at my surroundings.

I squint my eyes, trying to see someone in particular.....is that? No it can't be him.

"Here, I got your favorite" Victoria says pulling me out of my thoughts and handing me a red cup.

I take it and thank her. "Wanna dance?" She asks. I shrug "why not?"

She cheers and we both take sips of our drinks before heading together on the dance floor.

I feel my hips move to the beat as I drink more and more of my beverage, forgetting all about my worries .

It's about four songs later and Victoria drags me off of the dance floor into the backyard. Damn, troye's house is huge.

"I'm gonna go look for the four people that owe me, stay here and I'll be back as quick as I can alright?" She says. I nod and watch her walk away.

After a good five minutes, I raise the red cup to my mouth to take a sip of my drink when I realize that there's not any left.

I sigh and head inside to the bar. I ask for my drink and receive it but on my way back outside,I notice a familiar figure dancing, or grinding shall I say, with a woman.

I squint my eyes and walk closer to the pair and soon my thoughts from earlier are confirmed.

Pete.

He looks up and meets my gaze. He freezes for a bit before he winks at me and kisses the girl he's dancing with. I feel my eyes weld up in tears as I hold in my sobs and run into a hallway to open up a random door that leads to a quiet bedroom.

I shut the door behind me, throw my cup across the room and slide down with my back against the door. My eyes bursts out in tears as I let out uncontrollable sobs.

I knew coming to this party was a bad idea.

Letting the tears stream down my face for a while, I finally wipe my eyes and fix my self up using my phones camera and head back out into the party to the backyard.

When Victoria comes back I plan on telling her that I want to leave already even though we just arrived about an hour or so ago.

I wait and wait but Victoria is nowhere to be seen, more people begin to wander into the back yard and I become super uncomfortable.

"Hurry the hell up monet!" I growl to myself. Looking around the backyard with more people outside, I notice Troye and a few of his pals that I know, walking up to me.

"Grande! Wow girl I can't believe you came" Troye says in his Aussie accent,pulling me into a hug. I give him the best fake smile I can possibly give and respond "hi Troye, great party!"

"Cheers darling, oh and you must know my boyfriend Jacob, and my good friends alessia and Alec" he introduces.

I nod and shake everyone's hand trying to give the best 'happy face' I can. "Hey guys great to see you all" I say.

"Do you like the drinks, any good?" Troye asks. "Hell yeah, they're the best thanks!" I give a weak smile, I just want to leave.

"Well as much as I enjoy our chatter and conversations, I must attend to my other guests, always a pleasure though ariana, enjoy the rest of the party love!" Troye says with a grin and walks away with the group following behind him.

I let a huge forced grin sprawl on my face as I wave bye and watch them leave.

When their out of sight I take a deep breath to try and suppress the tears,hang my head back and pull out my phone.

Me: Vic where the hell are you?

No response. Just great. I scroll out of the messaging app and go to my home page to open up my contacts list to try and call someone to pick me up but I accidentally click on my photos app.

I curse myself as my eyes scroll down. Way to go ariana!

My face turns from anger into sadness when I notice pictures of pete and I scattered everywhere on my camera roll.

I sniff back the tears that blur my vision and put my phone back In my purse.

"Hmm aren't you a sad sight, lemme guess trouble in paradise?" A low voice asks from behind me. I jump in surprise and turn towards the speaker.

"How do you know I'm in trouble?" I ask wiping my eyes and glancing at her up and down.

She raises an eyebrow and chuckles "I know a fake smile when I see one"