We Finally Won

Rise of Skywalker

We flew back to the base, when flying back, all I can think of is Jax and Poe. As I landed, i ran out to find Poe, Finn and Rey. Everyone was celebrating, kissing, laughing. I saw them hugging. A smile appeared on my face, so happy to see the three people I care the most alive and okay. Poe looks up and took a deep breath. We ran up to each other. No words were exchanged, we knew what we were saying. Poe's hug was so tight I barely breathe. But I didnt care, my brother is here. Finn and Rey joined in the hug. We made it. Its over.

"How did you-" Poe asked as they all looked at my jet, seeing Ben coming out. Poe looks at me, i nodded.

"He saved me."

"Mama!" I heard. I saw Jax running towards me, while Maz was running after him.

"Jax!" I fell to my knees as my son came running to my arms. I cried my eyes out as I held him tight.

"I saw you." He cried out.

"I know you did." I looked at him. I grabbed his cheeks. "I love you Jax. I love you so much."

"I love you too mama." I gave him a kiss. I bit my lip as Ben was standing behind me. I grabbed Bens hand as he kneeled down.

"Ben, this is Jax." I looked at the two. So much alike.

"Jax Solo." Ben looked me.

"Your son." Both Jax and Ben shared a look. The 'wow' look. Jax ran into Bens arms. Ben didn't know what to do.

"I knew you'll be home. Mom always said you'll be home." Jax said to him. Ben reacted and hugged him back. He looked at me. I gave him a smile. Ben took a good look at Jax, studying him. He lets out a chuckle.

"Im finally home." Ben says as he looks up at me. "Im not going anywhere." Poe comes in, swooping Jax into his arms.

"Uncle Poe!" Jax laughs.

"Hey buddy." Jax turns his head and looks at me. "Do we get to dance now?"

"Yes, we should." I wiped my tear away. After dancing, celebrating, everyone didn't like the idea of Ben being here but, if Leia was still here, she would want everyone to give him a chance to redeem himself, its what she would want. Slowly, everyone warmed up to him.

"Why didnt you tell me?" Ben asked as we walked to my tent, placing Jax down on the bed.

"Many reasons." I sat down on the corner of the bed, Ben following me, but looking at his son. "He would always ask about you."

"Did you tell him about Kylo Ren?"

"I did. But he didnt care, he still loved you." Ben touched his hand, his tiny hand against his big hand.

"I will make it up to you Hera, I promise you." He turns to me. He grabbed my hands, gently putting a kiss on them. "For you and Jax."

"I know you will." I placed my hand on his cheek. "But you will have to make it up to Poe." I chuckled. Its gonna take ages for the two men to come together.

"Anything to be with you."

"Break it up." Poe coughs as he came in. Here it comes. "Let the lady and the boy rest." He crosses his arms, looking at Ben. We both stood up. "You can sleep on the couch." He points at Ben. "Goodnight, we have a big day tomorrow." He shortly leaves.

Bens POV

Hera gave me a small smile and went to bed, i stayed on the couch, looking at the two. Jax, theres no words to describe how beautiful he is. Some part of me is scared that I won't be a good father, but the other, I will love this boy to my last breath. And Hera, i know that it'll take time for us to get back together, but there is hope. And I lover her, thats all that matters. I took a stroll around the base, I saw Chewie, in a room, i went in and saw it was my mothers. Chewie stands up.

"Uncle Chewie." I said as I gave him a big hug. I missed this. I missed everything. Chewie hugged me back. "Im sorry." I whispered, crying into his chest. We sat down, looking at the bed where my mother had been before she passed. Chewie excused himself and left me alone. "Im sorry mother." I choked. "I love you. Im home." I stood up and left the room, i walked back to the room, Hera and Jax still asleep. How can something be so beautiful. This is the life I deserve, and I wont let anything to ruin it.