Saying Goodbye

"Ella, Let's get a move on! We can't miss our flight. " Mom yells from downstairs.

"I'M UP!" I shout from my bed, knowing good and well that if i don't say something she will be up here with a bucket of ice water and no mercy on my soul. Speaking from experience.

"OK sweetie! Come down after you're dressed and help me with breakfast"

"Alright" I shout with a little more enthusiasm, as the realization that we're about to catch a flight to Australia in just a few hours sinks in.

I'm more than ready for a fresh start, as these past 2 years have been very hard on the two of us.

After reminiscing for a little too long, I finally spring out of bed and hop in the shower. I make sure to wash my out of control locks with my favorite smelling mint strawberry twist shampoo and conditioner, along with my favorite body wash of course. Lastly, I manage to carefully shave, and hop out.

After drying off i realize i have a little over 10 minutes to get ready before my ass is grass, so i rush to my bedroom vanity that i'm sadly leaving behind and quickly plug in my hair diffuser. If it weren't for my wild, long, chest nut brown, mop of curls, this getting ready thing would go by a lot quicker.

Ughhh, i digress.

After putting a pile of products in my hair to help frizz and the humidity i'm about to bravely face, my curls are finally looking good. Next, i decide to throw on a little mascara and chap stick, along with some moisturizer bc i'm not a crusty bish, and would rather not scare Australia. ( Not today at least).

After i'm all ready, I throw on a cute, pale blue sundress with thin straps. It's still rather modest and touches right above my knees but flatters my lean yet curvy body. I then pair it with some cute sandles and decide I look somewhat presentable.

I say one last goodbye to my room and make my way downstairs, only to be greeted by my best friend sienna.

"God i'm gonna miss you!" I shout as I leap into the arm's of my best friend since second grade.

"I can still be shoved into your suitcase!" my small friend jokes. We laugh bitter sweetly and embrace each other with one last hug.

"You could always come with us" I tease, but secretly hope she would take my offer.

"You know you are always welcome to visit us any time Sienna May" My mom says in a nurturing tone before embracing Sienna in a final hug.

"You may regret that offer mama Nina" Sienna jokes, and we all let out a chuckle.

"I'll miss you dearly, sweetheart. Take care of yourself for us hunny." Says my mom in her soothing voice.

"You know I always do. I love you guy's!" Sienna says, trying to keep it together.

"We love you"Me and mom say, engulfing Sienna in a group hug.

After the bittersweet goodbye to my best friend of 10 years, mom and I finally arrive to the airport. We thankfully make it past security and to our gate right on time. With just a few minutes to spare mom manages to scout out two empty seats.

I can't stop grinning, beyond excited for this new adventure and can't wait to get to our new place in Hilfort.

"I'm so happy you convinced me to take this leap of faith with you sweetie" mom says with a smile and embraces me in a warm hug.

" I couldn't imagine doing this with anyone but you" I say, meaning every word.

After the death of my father, I felt so alone and empty.

I couldn't imagine what it was like for my mother, loosing the love of her life in such a cruel way.

Dad was serving his third tour in Iraq, when his airplane got shot down. He was killed on impact.

The loss for us was indescribable, and to this day I will never allow myself to love someone in such a dangerous line of work. It's not that I don't respect what they do, it's purely because I would not survive another loss. The loss of my dad nearly killed me. His death ripped apart pieces of my soul I know I'll never get back. I couldn't bare the death of someone else I love.

I'm swept out of my thoughts when the intercom announces that our flight is now boarding.

After taking in a calming breath, I stand up, walking in the direction towards our new life.