Hoco Proposal

A/n: This is my first book ever so sorry if it's trash. This particular story was my idea but me and my friend TacoCabTyler wrote it together as a Tyler x reader so go check out her page.  Hope ya like it!

Things to know:
Y/n-your name
F/c-favorite color
E/c-eye color
H/c-hair color
F/d-favorite drink
F/f-favorite food

*Y/n POV*

I was sitting in second period staring at the clock waiting for the bell to ring to go to third period. That was my business class and my favorite class of the day, because it's the only class I have with Josh. Josh is my best friend but I like him more than a friend. Some may see that as problematic but he likes me too we just haven't really done anything about it yet. My thoughts of Josh get cut off by the bell sounding signaling class change.

As I make my way into the classroom I don't see Josh in there yet. He's usually here before me. As Mr. LaCourse makes his way into the room to take roll Josh comes up behind me and scares the living crap out of me. I let out a yelp of surprise only to realize its the familiar baby blue haired boy I know and love. (I am using blue hair Josh bc I love that color on him😂)

We were given our assignments for the day and since me and Josh already had them done we talked for a while. I am really hoping he asks me to go to homecoming (aka hoco) with him but we haven't talked about it much. I decide to bring it up to him knowing that it's only 2 weeks away.

I turn to Josh and ask, "So homecoming is in 2 weeks." He faces me, "Yea I know." he replied uninterested. "Are you going with anyone?" I ask. "No. I don't know if I'm even going." he said back. He's being short with me. Maybe he just doesn't want to talk about it. That's disappointing though because I really want to go with him.

*time skip to end of the day*

I haven't been able to get Josh and hoco out of my head all day. This sucks because he's my ride home beings that he's my neighbor. I have and interview to edit from business class and some other work to do while I wait for Josh to be done with football practice. I go outside and sit on the brick wall in front of the practice field, and start on my homework.

A while later my train of thought was broken by Coach Pettus yelling "What the hell are you doing Dun I can't have my #1 defensive player off in the clouds. We have a game on Friday! Now get your head out of your ass and get moving!" As I hear Coach yelling I look up to see the commotion and for a split second I make eye contact with Josh. A blush creeps to my face as I think 'was Josh staring at me? Was that the reason he got yelled at?' I finish my work and wait for Josh to come out of the locker room.

When Josh walks up to me I start making fun of him by saying, "'Get your head out of your ass and come on' what was that at practice today?" I ask while laughing. Josh seemed surprised at first. He answered with "Oh uh I got distracted coach is always down my throat." brushing it off. I thought of continuing to tease him but I decided against it as he has seemed not his usual self since this morning.

We got in the car and started our journey home. I brought up hoco again. "So your not going to homecoming this year?" I asked.

"What makes you say that?" Josh replied to my question with a question.

"Well earlier in third you said you weren't going." I reminded him of our previous conversation.

"No. I said I didn't know if I was going." he paused. Out of no where he gets excited and yells, "TACO BELL!!  Y/n please we have to! I'm so hungry. I didn't even know it was open yet."

I sighed, disappointed that he changed the subject but I can't argue with taco bell. "Ugh fine but only bc I'm hungry too."

We pull out of the drive through back on our way home. The rest of the ride was quiet except for the low humming of the radio. Josh pulls into my driveway dropping me off. As I begin to get out he asks me if I'm going to the game on Friday. "Yea are you still giving me a ride?" I ask. "Yea. See ya tomorrow!"