S I X

F R E J A • Q U I N N

.*+*+*+*+*+at Pop's+*+*+*+*+*.

"Are you feeling better, fruitcake?" Dad asked playing with my hair as we sat at the island instead of our usual booth.

"Much better." I said nodding. "I wish I'd know how to make Jughead happy. He doesn't deserve this." I sighed sipping my milkshake.

"Hija, you know how I feel about that kid." Dad said quietly.

"Dad I know you have your problems with Mr. Jones, but kids aren't their parents! Jughead, Betty and the others are different.. okay? They welcomed me- accepted me when the rest didn't." I explained to my dad.

"I hope they are." Dad whispered. "You're lucky I love you." Dad said smiling at me.

"Haven't heard that in a long time." I said smiling at my dad.
"I love you to papá." I said.

The bell rang signaling that someone entered. I looked behind and saw Betty. She asked Pop if he'd seen Jughead but he denied seeing him then pointed over at Veronica and Archie. I looked at my dad and he nodded at me smiling. I got up and kissed his cheek before walking over to the group.

"I heard you guys are looking for Jughead, can I tag along?" I asked.

They looked at me then at each other with pitiful look so I spoke up.

"Look I know you guys barely know me, but Jughead is like a brother to me and I won't rest till I'm sure he's fine." I said standing my ground.

Veronica looked at the other two before looking at me.

"We really don't need her." I heard Betty's muffled voice.

"How good are you at solving crimes." Veronica asked ignoring Betty.

"They didn't use to call me Sherlock for no reason." I said looking at my dad through the window.

"Okay you're in." Veronica said.

"Back to our topic." Archie said. "Look we need to tell Jughead he's dad is innocent. Where is Jughead?" Archie asked.

"I don't know. I tried calling him. I left messages. He's not answering his phone." Betty worriedly said.

"In the mean time..." Veronica said.

"Should we talk to sheriff Keller?" Betty questioned.

"No." Archie and I said.

"That the least of our concerns! We tell him then we're put on the bleachers, and I'm pretty sure we don't want that to happen." I warned. "I've done this before- well without the murder, but you know what I mean." I said.

"Quinn's right. Not until we tell our parents." Archie said.

"That we broke into FP's trailer?" Veronica said.

"My dad will know what to do." Archie said.

"I hope you're right about this." I said before we all walked out.