T W E L V E

F R E J A • Q U I N N

Jughead banged on the metal door, I was standing beside him with a crowbar in case we had to force an entering. They kept pushing me into wearing one of the snake masks they were wearing but I managed to threaten them that if they insisted one more time I'd give them one of their own wounds.

"Penny." Jughead started.

"Hello, lady!" I jumped in the conversation.

"Ho, merry, ho." We said in the same time.

"Jughead and Freja Jones!" Penny said. "Did you rehearse that?" She said. "Nice crowbar." She said looking at it.

"This? I brought it in case we needed to pry the door open." I said throwing it aside.

"Are you gonna give me a hand with this?" Penny said going back to her 'work'. "You're dad will be here, in like, what? Ten, twenty minutes?" She said. "He probably won't be happy to see his kids here, huh?" She said.

I gulped back a lump I felt growing in my throat from how she addressed me when we got here and how she kept talking to us like we were siblings. But since Jughead ignored it, I did too.

"I wouldn't worry about that. None of us are gonna be here." Jughead said.

Penny looked to where we stood, now with the other serpents behind us. She sighed sloping her pasture.

"Is this supposed to scare me?" She said.

I signaled for the serpents to go and get her and they didn't hesitate to move.

"I would not do that if I were you. You are making a big mistake." Penny shouted alerting us of her 'danger'.

Sweet Pea covered her head in a bag and they forcefully dragged her out.

I sneaked a look at Jughead and saw him give her a death glare. We watched as she kept thrusting trying to get out of their grip and followed Jughead when he walked out.

Once we reached greendale and parked the car at a spot the guys yanked Penny out of it and pushed her in her knees in front of us. Pinkie pulled the bag off Penny's head as she breathed heavily.

"Where am I?" She said out of breath.

"You're in greendale." Jughead said stepping closer to her.

"You're new home!" I said following his lead.

"But frankly, Penny, I don't care where you set up your shop." Jughead said crouching to her level. "But it's not gonna be in Riverdale, and it's not gonna be with the serpents." He said.

"You wanna deal drugs? You wanna extort people? That's your business. But not on the Southside. That belongs to them." I said dangerously low.

"You stupid, cocky kids!" Penny said laughing. "Serpent law says you can't hurt one of your own." She said raising her sleeve showing us her tattoo.

"Oh, Penny, it's time you learn. Grab her." Jughead said taking off his jacket holding his pocket knife.

"Jughead, I'm not a serpent, let me do this. Plus you're dad will murder you, we don't want a re-do of the JB incident." I said pushing his hand down.