S E V E N

F R E J A • Q U I N N

"Hey, papá." I said knocking on the glass door.

"Freja." My dad said holding out his hand.

I went over pulling a chair along sitting next to my dad as I held his hand. He looked at me with a tired smile that quickly turned into a frown.

"Oh fruitcake, did you sleep? You look pale." Dad said worried.

"I couldn't! Not with what's happening." I whispered.

"I'm sorry." Dad began. "I'm sorry I never told you, I just thought little about the situati-." Dad rambled.

"Papá, stop." I said. "Please, you don't have to apologize! You're here now, that's what matters." I said letting a few tears slip again.

Dad let go of my hand bringing it up to my cheek wiping away the tears before resting his hand there.

"You have to sleep, you're getting emotional." Dad joked making me giggle.

"I'm not leaving your side." I said looking down.

I felt dad put his hand on my chin lifting it and caressing it with his thumb.

"Chin up, princess. You're tiara's falling." Dad said making me cringe.

"Did you read that quote online?" I asked him.

"Yeah." Dad said laughing. "Come here." He said moving over and patted the space next to him.

I gladly climbed on the bed resting my head on his shoulder. I felt him kiss the top of my head before sighing and moving his arms around me hugging me tightly. Every minute that passed made me even more tired, but the voices in my head were too loud.

I moved my head so it was in a more comfortable
position then heard dad start humming to a lullaby he used to sing me when I was younger and sleep soon took over as everything turned black.

"Freja, bubba. What are you doing up?" Aaron asked looking at me holding my stuffed animal. {photo at the top}

"Nightmare." I whispered through teary eyes.

"Come here." Aaron said standing up holding his hands out.

I hurriedly went into his arms as he walked into my room laying on my bed with me next to him. I rubbed my eyes getting rid of the tears. I hugged my plushie and adjusted my head in the crook of Aaron's neck trying to get snuggly.
Once I was cosy I yawned closing my eyes when
Aaron started singing.

"I heard there was a secret code,
That David played and it pleased the lord,
But you don't really care for music, do you?

Well, it goes like this, the fourth, the fifth, the minor fall and the major lift, the baffled king composing hallelujah.

Hallelujah, hallelujah
Hallelujah, hallelujah..."

I heard as I drifted to sleep.