03 | moon

our conversation that day, near the pane of the classroom window, is something i think about everyday

and how it tied our lives together just like a red string of fate tied to the pinky finger.

i was staring up at the big blue sky, in awe and wonder. i've always had a fascination with the vastness of the sky and that day you questioned me.

"what are you looking at?"

i felt your presence halt beside me, your arms leaning over the pane and next to mine- that made our elbows touch on occasion.

"uh?"

my voice held surprise because your seat's all the way across the room.

"you're always staring out the window. do you like the sky?"

i turned to look at you but you was already looking up at the sky, so peacefully and so calmly.

"yes. i do very much, just as much as books you could say."

i lied a tiny bit.

i do love the sky and i do love books but my love for those two is outdone by you.

i wanted to tell you that so badly but i didn't.

"but i wasn't looking at the sky."

my words surprised you, and i noticed your eyes widen, giving me a full view of your unique eyelids and i never realised just how handsome you looked when your eyebrows are raised until that moment.

i must've been insane to miss that detail.

"the sky is the only thing that's up, soo yeong. there's no clouds and obviously no stars and you can't look up at the sun."

your curious, confused voice had my heart in chains, my body shook and my soul reaching out for yours.

i chuckled softly, and you looked at me with a pout.

"that may be true but the moon is still up there."

i explained, and stretched my arm out to point out the tiny crescent shaped astronomical object.

your eyes followed my arm and at first you couldn't find it so then you moved closer to me, hoping to get my perspective but inturn i felt your hair against mine.

i could hear your breathes, smell your intoxicatingly wonderful scent, and i could feel your body slightly pressed to my own.

to put it simply

i died at that moment,

and it solely was because of you, taehyung. you made me feel some type of way that i hoped i did for you as well.

"ah! i see it!"

your chirpy voice rang in my ear but it wasn't painful, it was like a sweet melody.

"it's pretty, isn't it?"

i asked and you turned to face me, seemingly not phased by our proximity.

i felt a blush come along and you may have noticed it because i saw your lips unravel in a sweet smile.

"yes, yes it is."

you stated simply as you stared deeply at me. i felt an overwhelming urge to hide my face or better yet slip under the table where i'd be out of your sight but i couldn't.

i was frozen.

"so, what is it about the moon that you like?"

your question was sudden and genuine, and you went on to look up at the grey body of matter, taking a leaning stance once more.

"i feel... i relate to it in some way."

this time i spoke my thoughts, as i leaned over the pane as well, feeling my body slowly compose itself.

"how so?"

again, your voice was genuine but slightly filled with concern.

"because... the moon is so dull, lonely and to most people it seems boring. it relies on the sun to give it light because it can't produce it's own. it doesn't really do anything yet it does, it's almost as if it has a place in the universe but it's insignificant at the same time."

after my rant you just stared at me, like i'm some type of wacko personifying the moon with the reflection of my own emotions but the words you spoke next made me think otherwise.

"the moon is as significant as any other body of matter in the universe and it may not be able to produce it's own light but it controls the waves of the ocean similarly as people control the emotion of others, willingly or unwillingly- with the most common emotion being love."

i just stared at you in awe, like i usually do.

your response to my silly sounding rant was what held my world together- what kept it from crashing down on me and i know if it was anyone else, they wouldn't have understood my emotion but you, you somehow did.

i wanted to say something but my brain was not receiving any impulses to do so. so i just continued to stand dumbfounded while you continued to speak.

"and if you think about it. the moon is not entirely alone. it's like the sun is it's friend, giving it support in the form of light therefore the moon establishes an important message..."

"a message?"

my brain finally allowed me to slip out some words, and i observed your side profile.

how and why did i fall for you, tae?

"that everybody needs somebody."

after that you give me a bright smile that i felt slowly reflect onto my own features. i felt content being with you, with someone who understood me.

but at that moment i had suddenly realised something;

that i am the moon and you're the sun.