06 | filter

do you still remember our first selca's we took after we started hanging out together?

it was a magical experience together with an eyesore.

you decided to snap shots when i wasn't even ready or looking.

and you even used face swap.

it was horrifyingly amusing.

"tae, no! do not use face swap! i swear on jimin's rice cakes, don't do it!"

i called out to you as you looked for the filter, and immediately i covered my face but you just laughed as sweetly as ever.

"there!"

you hollered and i knew you had finally found it.

i stayed still with my hands over my face, not ready to see light of day again.

"come on, soo yeong ah~ don't be a baby."

you whined, which made you sound more like the baby than me.

"it's gonna be cute."

you pushed and i just groaned.

"taeee, seriously."

"mmh."

you assured and i felt your fingers against mine, and every nerve in my body began to tingle.

finally i gave in, and when i removed my hands from my face, the first thing i saw was your boxy smile.

and i remembered, that i wanted to be the reason you smiled and maybe this was it.

so i bit the inside of my cheek, nervously, as you adjusted the front camera.

"hana, dul, set."

after those three simple words, a snap was heard and instantly you brought your phone towards you.

you looked at it, and a chuckle left your lips.

then you showed me how it looks, and i cringed with a soft laugh.

"we don't look too bad."

you commented, and i watched you send the image to my chat.

"then why did you laugh? and it does look bad."

i pushed on your shoulder slightly, and you decided to pull on my cheek, playfully.

"and don't you dare send it to anyone else, or i'll stop bringing hot chocolate to school for you."

i warn as seriously as i could, but towards the latter a soft giggle left my lips and you just stared at me in shock.

"you wouldn't."

you simply mouthed.

"use another filter then i won't."

i motioned towards your phone with a playful smile, and i watched your cheeks puff out but you did as i asked.

"fine, fine."

you mumbled, and i watched your beautiful slender fingers slide for a filter until finally you found one, which you thought would be alright.

"vintage."

you chirped, and i just nodded with an eye smile.

once again, i watched you adjust the front camera, lifting it above us with your long arm.

i remember deliberating a pose but it was until the last second when i decided to just engulf you, smashing my cheek against your side, and i smiled so widely.

and you,

you were surprised

and the camera caught that in a slightly blurry picture.

it was a perfectly captured moment, with true emotions, and not filtered in terms of facade.

that's why i love it so much.

so now that photo of you and i, sits pretty on my drawer beside my bed.