04 | partner

04: 파트너

APPARENTLY, BEING THE Ice Princess comes with a lot of premium. I mean, as the President of the Student Council alone, there were definitely more pros than cons. It'll look good for college, you get to decide what happens and what doesn't, and teachers trust you with everything.

Plus, I loved my responsibilities. It kept me busy, and it was nice to know what was going on around the school grounds. And I have an authority, which no one in the student body can defy.

But being the Ice Princess was a different matter, too.

It comes with a lot of pros than cons, so it didn't matter if I was labeled as that. I get to choose my own seat, and people don't bother me when I eat in the cafeteria. Besides, it was boring to talk to people who had nothing better to do than gossip around.

So, really, what's there for me to lose?

Absolutely none.

So it didn't matter if I become the villain in everyone's eyes. If I myself know that I wasn't, then that was more than enough. I don't need to convince anyone about who I was. 

And this was a well-known established fact since the second semester of my freshman year. 

But all of that changed this morning. 

And who changed that? 

Jeon Jungkook.

As I entered the Academy with my bag slung on my shoulder, usual people inched away and created more than enough space for me to walk on.

That's right. 

This has more pros. I don't even have to struggle with bustling crowds in school.

I slid the door open to the classroom for my first class, but immediately stopped at what I saw. The seat beside me was usually where a lone kid sat, which he didn't seem to mind at all and instead chooses to gaze out the window. Ah, what was his name? 

Ah, student number 90393. Min Yoongi. 

But he wasn't the one who sat there at this moment. 

No, it's definitely that top student. Student number 09197. Jeon Jungkook.

"Good morning, Pres!" came his loud and obnoxious voice, interrupting the girls who flocked over him and causing their startled gazes to land on me. 

I sighed in exasperation, pulling the earphones out from my ears. I ignored his callings and bit my lip in annoyance as I sat on my seat. When I approached, the girls immediately backed out, which I was sort of thankful for. 

"Oh," Jungkook hummed, now turning to me as he propped his elbows on his desk and looked at me with amused eyes. "Deciding to ignore me? That really hurt, Pres."

I turned around to face him, my lips pulled to a straight line. "We're not that close, 09197." I said, mimicking his action. "You can't talk to me unless it's completely relevant. Now," I said, before pointing at his seat.

"Why isn't 90393 here? What are you doing?"

Jungkook amused, a smirk on his lips. "You're so cold. But," Jungkook said, leaning forward again. "Is that how you treat your partner?"

Confused, I tilted my head at him. "Partner?"

"Yeah," Jungkook said, laying on the chair casually. "Partners in crime! We're on a mission to help you and Jimin get toge—" 

In a hasty panic, I had reached out and put my hands deliberately on Jungkook's mouth to stop him from talking. I wasn't really thinking about it when I did it, but looking at Jungkook's wide eyes, perhaps he was just as surprised as I was.