06 | interest

06: 관심

JUNGKOOK'S PLAN SEEMS to be going well. At first glance. We have a checklist, and we'd be able to keep track of our progress. The first step, in particular, seems to be the perfect game plan.

The only major flaw in this plan is I don't have any aspect of mine that seems to be interesting. 

After eating out at Jojo's Pizza, he walked me to my building apartment, before slyly winking and telling me to think thoroughly about the plan. He'd also told me how there'd be a party at Kim Taehyung's house this Friday, one of Jungkook's football member, and that I should dress sexy and classy.

Sexy and classy, I could do. The interesting part of me and flaunt it to my crush part? Not so much.

It only dawned on me after washing up and laying flat on my bed as I stared at the ceiling that there was nothing remotely interesting about me all.

So, what the hell should I do about the party?

I have absolutely no idea. But it's two days before the party, which means I have to start thinking thoroughly now, if I was serious about this plan. Which I am.

So now I was back at the Academy, scouting for a Jeon Jungkook in the Great Hall, but he was nowhere in sight. Frowning in silent frustration, I went up to my locker to put the notes and books for my last class.

I should have just tapped him right there and then when we were having classes, but with the girls looking at me like they wanted to dig their claws in my brain, I decided to talk to him later, after class.

Shutting my locker door shut, I breathed out a deep sigh before turning, wanting to try one last time to hunt down Jungkook. However, as I shut the locker door, one particular person appeared on my sight. 

And suddenly, I found it hard to breathe.

Jimin stands in front of me, a little silly smile dancing on his lips like he usually does. His hair was a little messy, and he had his hands shoved under his pockets as he casually leaned on the locker next to mine.

"Hey, Yuri," he smiles slightly, and when I heard his voice, I was reminded of the whimsical tunes near the sea, like he was singing soft lullabies next to me. 

And the way he says my name; I would want to hear it a thousand times if possible.

Geez, Kim Yuri. Get a grip. It's just your first love. A crush. Whatever. It's nothing to be scared of.

"Hi." I said, clenching my fists to the side to keep my focus. "What's up?"

"You seem nervous." Jimin said, worry etched on his eyes. "You okay?"

"Yes." No! 

Jimin looked skeptical, but he shrugged anyways, his expression changing to one that is carefree. He smiles at me charmingly and leans forward, as he gauges my expression.

"Are you busy?"

"No." I said, smiling. "Just looking for someone."

"And does that someone..." Jimin trails off, looking at me with mischief, "Happen to be Jungkook?"

I stared at him, mouth popping open. Realizing I was staring like a goldfish, I snapped my mouth shut, cheeks flushing.

He makes me so nervous it's not even fair.

"Maybe." I said, before stepping back a little, not really sure if my heart would be able to take his proximity. "Do you know where he is?"

Jimin nodded. "Yeah. He's at the library. He spends most of his time there."