Nightmare's Nightmares

Passive Nightmare POV

            I felt my heart pounding in my chest, I never thought I would be stuck in this form again. Being stuck in this form is like one of my worst nightmares. I feel so weak, so scared, so.....so......worthless. 

'I need someone, I'm getting worse' I thought to myself 'but who can help me?' Dream would never help me, in fact, he might attack me knowing that I'm defenseless right now. I refuse to ask anyone on my team, Blueberry? No, it would be no diffrent then Dream. The same with Ink.' 

I gagged. Then I heard something, and I felt a strong aura in my bedroom. I tried to lift my head but it was no use. All I could do was listen.

I heard Ink, "Hush you two remember the plan. Dream waits in Nightmare's bedroom for him to enter. I go to Error's bedroom, and Blue to Cross's bedr-"

He was suddenly interrupted by Dream, "Go home you two! The mission will have to wait!" He said it in a loud worried whisper. As I hear the other two confusingly leave I felt the positive presence come closer.

Dream ran over to me and he felt my pulse. I was sweating, crying, and shaking all at once. When he saw my pupils shaking he lifted me in a sitting up position. I was now hugging my 'knees'.

"Brother!" he screamed, "Brother what is wrong!"

I could barely hear him over the pounding of my own skull. And the buzzing wasn't stopping. I knew I didn't want him here, but I didn't fight him. I couldn't, I was shaking too much. I just didn't look at him, I ignored him.

"BROTHER! Please answer me!" He shouted, "that's it I'm going to get your friends!"

That made me panic, "NO!" I said as sternly as I can, my voice felt so quiet though.

 All of this was starting to seem so distant as my head was becoming so light. He was now panicking, even more, I could tell he also had no idea what to do. And then I felt myself drift away from this world unable to see anything, hear anything, feel anything, do anything.

I felt my body starting to do things for me...

         Dream POV

When I saw my brother I immediately canceled our mission and then ran to his side. I was calling his name but it didn't seem like he understood me. I was just happy he was alive, when I first saw him I thought he wasn't. The whole reason I agreed to come on this mission was to check on him. After our attack from the other day, I had thought.......I thought I had injured him to greatly for him to awaken ever again.

When I was getting no response I told him I was going to get help from his friends. That is when he finally responded to me.

"n-n-n-n-n-o-o-o-o-o-o" he barely studdered out, he was very quiet.

This had taken me by surprise, never had he been so afraid. What had happened to him? I then ran back to him, unsure of how to handle this situation. I have seen him with such bad anxiety before, but nothing like this. This was so bad that it looked like he was dying! I wanted to cry, but showing my worry would only make this worse I thought.

"Th-this better not be a prank," I told him trying to make him laugh.

It didn't work, instead, he started rambling, horrible, horrible things. I could barely hear him, but when I did hear him I started to cry. He was saying things about himself that were not true. Like "worthless" and "dead weight" I started to cry, unsure what to do. Each thing he said about himself was worse than the last. I finally just hugged him. I just hugged him for ten straight minutes. It changed nothing, when we were kids doing that would calm him down. Now it just fueled his anxiety.