Chapter 12

Daren's dream opened in an arena, there were thousands of human-like creatures cheering and screaming anxiously. "And for the last round of the day!" An announcer shouted from the speakers. "We have... Vulture of Hellheight!"

   A teenage boy walked into the arena, smirking and waved at the screaming crowd. He had huge bird wings on his back and marks on his face.

   "Against... Kokera of Outerealm!"

   A fairly short girl with a deadly stern expression walked in from the other side of the arena. Her hair was shaved except for a long strand cover the left side of her face. Her eyes were bright red as well as her bra and short shorts. She had a black mask, choker, belt, thigh highs, and a ring of fabric under her bra and around a bit of her arms. There was a red, pocket-like sphere on the side of her shorts.

   Kokera didn't get nearly as much applause as Vulture. She didn't look too intimidating next to his huge bird man. But she still stood with her head held high.

   "Let's see if our champion is going to be beaten by this little girl, or if she'll have a place in the graveyard with all of Vultures other opponents. Three... Two... One... BEGIN!"

   Vulture summoned a huge sword and ran and Kokera. Who, without flinching, dodged the attack, grabbed the handle of the sword, and in a blink of an eye she got in between Vulture's arms and had her back to him. Kokera kicked Vulture back and he went flying in the other direction, Kokera had gotten his weapon in barely a second.

   Vulture snarled and snapped his fingers causing the sword to explode, but Kokera was one step ahead of him, throwing the sword at Vulture as he snapped his fingers. The sword exploded while making contact with Vulture's stomach.

   The explosion made a huge puff of smoke, everyone was silent, Vulture wasn't coming out. Even Kokera's eyes widened a bit and she leaned forward.

   In the silence Vulture suddenly flew up out of the smoke, the crowd cheered.

   His shirt was already gone, and he was gripping his bleeding stomach as he hovered in the air with the help of his wings. Vulture flew at Kokera at top speed. When they made contact Kokera was grabbing his wrists and she slid a couple of meters back from the intense power Vulture's speed.

   Kokera lifted her legs onto Vulture's thighs, he was still in the air and Kokera was able to crawl onto his back and pull his wings. Vulture screamed and tried to attack Kokera, but he couldn't reach her as she was on his back.

   Kokera pulled on Vulture's wings like a steering wheel, forcing him to fly up, and up, and up.

   Once they were high enough, Kokera backflipped off Vulture's back and was falling at top speed towards the ground. Vulture hung in the air for a moment before falling with her, but due to his wings, he was falling rather slowly.

   Still not showing any emotion, Kokera looked at the ground and put one of her arms down vertically, as if her hand would break her fall. Her other arm she stuck out above her, towards Vulture.

   In a brilliant moment, red and black orbs of magic appeared in both of her hands and shot below and above her. The one below caused her to fall a little slower, and the one above her shot Vulture out of the sky.

   Kokera gracefully landed on the ground, Vulture hit the ground a moment later.

   Kokera took her time walking towards the almost unconscious Vulture. She reached for the pocket-sphere on her shorts, and it easily popped off her clothing, turning into a knife in her hands.

   Vulture lifted his head up to see Kokera kneeling in front of him, and she stabbed him in the throat.

   "We have a winner!" The announcer screamed. "Who would have expected Vulture would have been defeated by a little demon girl? Kokera is the new champion of the Void Tournaments!

   Daren awoke with a start. The magic Kokera used in his dream, was the same magic Daren was accused of hurting Adam with.