Babysitting

~~~
So this is actually the very first oneshot I wrote about John so its bad even after I tried to fix it.
3578 words...
~~~

I ran to my phone that was ringing on the counter and answered it right before it stopped. Taking a glimpse at the contact name and seeing it was a family friend who's kids I usually take care of.

"Y/N, sorry it's last minute but can you watch the kids again?"

"Yeah of course. It's no problem."

"Thank you Y/N you are the best. I'll be there in 10 minutes."

"I'll See you then. Bye."

I hung up the phone and waited their arrival. I started cleaning around, starting by moving any possible hazardous items onto high shelves.

I was just about finished when I heard a knock on the door.

'That was quick' I thought to myself as I turn towards the door.

Confusion written on my face when I open it and instead of children in front of me I'm greeted by my boyfriend, John.

"John? What are you doing here?" I opened the door wider and let him in.

"That's all I get? Not even a hi?" he said to me as he walked in.

I put my hands on his cheeks and gave him a quick kiss on the lips. "Happy?" I said with a small smile. He just shrugged his shoulders.

"Okay what are you doing here?" I questioned him again.

"What do you mean? I wanted to spend time with my girlfriend" He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"John," I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I'm babysitting tonight."

He paused to think. Then smiled, "I'll help you" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Are you sure? You don't have to. I mean, we can plan something tomorrow if you want."

"Babe, its fine. As long as I get to spend time with you" he smiled and gave me a soft kiss on the lips.

"Well they are coming over soon, and once they do PDA has to be kept to a minimum."

"I think I can handle it" he said. I smiled and gave him a quick kiss on the lips. I got out of his grasp and walked to the kitchen. He followed behind me.

"How old is the kid?" he asked me leaning on the counter.

"Well there's three" he looked at me with his eyes wide. I giggled and nodded my head.

"There's Logan, he's 12. Ava, she's 6. And little Cameron, who just turned 3."

"12? Why can't he just watch them?" He asked confused.

I pulled myself up to sit on the counter "Because I know the mom personally, she used to take care of me when I was little, and she knows that I count on the money she gives me."

"Oh. That makes sense" He nods.

"Plus when I babysit them, the oldest usually helps me with the younger ones so he has experience when he has to watch them by himself."

"Well that's good"

"Oh and John just a heads up, the oldest he's like a younger brother to me and he's really shy, what I'm trying to say is that I might pay a little more attention to him than you but don't take it personally" I grabbed his hands.

He almost immediately brought them up to his lips to place a soft kiss on the back of then there was a knock on the door.

"They're here" I jumped off the counter and headed to the door.