Dont cry

~~~
3k reads??!? ahhjkfd
Thank you omg
~~~

John's POV:

I unlock the door and step inside letting out a sigh, glad to be home. I take my shoes off and place my keys by the door walking towards the couch, seeing the top of my girlfriends head.

I get around the couch, ready to engulf her in a hug, but stop in my tracks staring at her in shock. A wave of panic washes over me as I see the tears streaming down her face and her red slightly puffy cheeks.

"What's wrong?" I managed to croak out.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath before trying to give me a response but no words came out. Only a small sob.

I pulled myself together and sat next to her pulling her into my lap holding her tight.

"Oh don't cry" I instantly regretted saying that, feeling stupid thinking that would actually help.

I slowly ran my hands up and down her back trying to help calm her down. "It's okay," I said lowly enough for her to hear. She shook slightly trying to control her crying.

Her breaking down like this made my heart hurt. I had never seen her like this and I felt completely useless.

She told me she didn't like crying in front of people since she hated too much attention, it made me wonder all the times she's done this in silence.

She suddenly pulled her head up from my shoulder taking a deep breath then started pouring her heart out. Explaining to me how all her family problems have been taking a toll on her and some other stuff that she's never told anyone before.

We talked through all of it again, trying to help her come up with a few solutions to her problems. We did this for almost half an hour.

When finished, we stayed there surrounded in silence, only hearing her occasional sniffles. She avoided looking me in the eyes and stared at my chest. I could tell she felt embarrassed for whatever reason.

"Why didn't you talk to me sooner?" I asked carefully, breaking the silence.

She shrugged playing with one of my hoodie strings in between her fingers, "I didn't want to bother you"

I placed a finger under her chin making her look me in the eyes. The red around her eyes and the frown on her face pulled a few heart strings, hating to her like this. "You are never a bother, don't you ever think that. You can come to me whenever."

She half laughed, "it's just that you have you're own shit going on too, I didn't think you needed more" She avoided eye contact again.

"Y/n," I said wanting her to look at me but she refused, "your shit is my shit. And my shit is your shit. Okay?" I reached my hands up and cupped her face, wiping her tears with my thumbs, "I am here for you always."

I felt her relax into my touch. She gave me a small smile and nodded. She wrapped her arms around me and let out a sigh. I tightened my grip on her, "thank you for telling me"

"Thank you for being here," She replied softly. I smiled pressing a kiss onto her head.

We sat like that a little longer, enjoying the contact between each other.

She pulled away, "I'm sorry for scaring you" she smiled a little. Her rosy cheeks were still stained with tears.

"You didn't" I shook my head.

"You should've seen you're face, I would've laughed if I wasn't busy crying," She giggled thinking back to my face from when I first walked into the room.

"Yeah, I bet it was hilarious" I replied sarcastically playfully rolling my eyes. I look back at her, "feeling better?"

She nodded her head with a smile, leaning in to press a quick kiss onto my lips.

"I saw that they put *random movie* up. Wanna watch it with me?" I asked once she pulled away. She nodded excitedly moving around on my lap to grab the remote and handed it to me to search for the movie.

She crawled off me to reach some blankets at the end of the couch and cuddled into my side throwing it over us. I wrapped an arm over her pulling her as close as I could as the movie began playing.