➽Chapter 3

His heart skipped a beat, the deadly gaze stuck to him like glue.

He could feel its overwhelming hunger as it rose to its feet, its head hitting against the ceiling above, yet it showed no reaction.

The black sludge spilled out, the rancid odor instantly circulating around the room.

His feet became burdened with a heavy fear as he struggled to back away.

What the hell?!

What the hell?!

WHAT THE HELL???

Its left foot slowly rose from the floor and it lunged forward, its speed terrifying for its massive size. In an instant, it had already closed the distance between them, its hand outstretched and prepared to seize Alex.

Alexander could feel the falter in his heartbeat as the giant hand stood only inches away from him and at that moment, his entire life, alike a slideshow, flashed before his eyes.

14 Years Ago

Alexander aged 3

"Mommy it hurts!" Alexander protested, tears running down his puffy cheeks as the needle slowly dug into his skin, extracting his blood steadily, like oil from the land.

"I know Pumpkin Pie but this is very important so please stay still for mommy okay?"

"But mommy! It hurts!"

"Stay calm honey. I promise I'll cure you."

Present

The glass from a nearby window shattered, emerging from its fragments was a golden saviour, a sharp glimmer from the refracted rays of the sun caught his eye as it rushed to Alex's rescue.

The collision of this powerful force with its target sent the hand of the beast off of its trajectory, saving Alex from his seemingly inevitable bitter-end.

This snapped him back to reality, the overwhelming fear permeating his very soul, but for a moment, even if it was one single moment, a small sense of relief flowed over him, blessing him with enough strength to create distance between the abomination of a creature and himself.

This only angered the enormous savage, causing it to raise both of its hands into the air, breaking the structure of the ceiling itself, and with one swift, angry action, drove down with all its might into the floor, sending a fearsome tremble throughout the floor before releasing a bellow of rage, vibrating the very air around them.

Its powerful roar attacked Alexander, his eardrums ringing from the vicious anger, forcing his body to the floor, his hands attempting to block out as much of the sound as possible, a natural instinct even in the presence of the great tormentor, fear, forcing him to unconsciously let go of the steel pipe.

Its foot raised once more as it prepared to pounce once again but another golden saviour made its glorious entrance, penetrating the forehead of the massive zombie, sending its head back on impact.

Three more followed shortly after one another, forcing the creature to stumble backward as it received significant damage to the brain repeatedly.

Its body fell to the floor, collapsing on the pile of over 50 zombies, their blood splattering as their bodies became alike flat surfaces. The black sludge exuded from its forehead, making its way to the floor at an agonizingly slow pace.