The Sports Festival pt.1 ~ 12

The day of the wretched sports festival had arrived.

Yuma was everything but excited.

He stood outside on the balcony, lightly leaning against the rails. His Quirk training results were... satisfactory at most. He wasn't ready for the sports festival, that much was obvious, even to him. What was he expecting? To win? There was no possible way for him to win...

To make things worse, the sports festival would be show live. That meant that both his father and brother would be able to watch it as it was happening, "That's great..." He whispered, lowering his head.

The sun peeked out over the mountains, casting its warm glow over everything it touched.

Would his mother be proud?

_

Class 1-A had met up in their designated waiting room.

Yuma sat on the side, not paying attention to anyone around him. The training uniform was comfortable and it was better than his hero costume, so he was satisfied with that outcome. Nobody was permitted to wear their hero costume so that things would be more fair during the festival.

Just as he settled in, back lightly leaned against the chair he sat on, the door clicked open, "Everyone, are you ready?" Iida asked, standing at the doorstep, "We will be entering soon!" He announced.

Yuma breathed in and stood up, planning to make his way out of the room, but an unexpected scene stopped him in his tracks, "Midoriya." Todoroki spoke stepping towards the green-haired boy.

"Todoroki? What is it?" Midoriya asked, slight confusion seeping into his tone.

Their conversation brought everyone's attention to them, "Looking at things objectively, I think I'm stronger than you." The dual-coloured boy stated, nonchalant.

Yuma raised his brows, caught off guard by his words. What the...?

Midoriya lightly raised his hands, "Huh? Yeah..." He agreed, lowering his head.

"But... All Might has his eye on you, doesn't he?" Todoroki questioned. Now that he mentioned it... Midoriya always seemed to be wary whenever All Might was mentioned in his general vicinity, especially on the bus on the way to USJ, "I'm not trying to pry about that. But I'm going to beat you." The boy practically declared, not at all bothered by his own words.

Yuma was confused, to say the least.

"Oh? Is the best in the class making a declaration of war?" Kaminari asked, leaning in his chair to take a better look.

Kirishima had stood up and walked up to Todoroki, "Hey, hey, hey!" He placed his hand on the boy's shoulder, "Why are you picking a fight all of a sudden? Not now, we're about to start!"

Yuma wondered the same thing.

Todoroki shook off Kirishima's hand, "We're not here to play at being friends. So what does it matter?" He turned away and started walking away from them.

From the corner of his eye, Yuma noticed that Midoriya had briefly glanced at him. What? Did he remember Yuma's words from that day on the beach?

"Todoroki, I don't know what you're thinking when you say you'll beat me, but of course you're better than me. I think you're more capable than most people... Looking at it objectively..." Midoriya trailed off.

Kirishima raised his hands, trying to stop him, "Midoriya, you probably shouldn't talk so negatively..."

"But, everyone..." The green-haired boy interrupted him, "The students from the other courses are aiming for the top with everything they've got!" He had tensed up, "I can't afford to fall behind." Hmm... Yuma tilted his head, watching the scene in mild fascination. Midoriya was usually meek and timid, afraid of even raising his voice... But look at him now. He was staring at Todoroki without any difficulty, directing such a determined expression at him, "I'll be going for it with everything I have, too."