all feelings have a name ~ 32

The days passed by, but his mind failed to erase the clear image of that dream.

He could still remember it—the heavy stench of corrosion which layered the crown. A scent like that was something he was sure he would never forget.

With heavy steps, he made his way to the kitchen, his bare feet meeting the cold, wooden floorboards. School was set to start in about an hour or so and he was supposed to have breakfast, but his appetite was lacking more than usual, so he settled for a simple apple.

He'll get something at school if he grew hungry later on.

Opening one of the drawers, he pulled out a knife and turned around, eyes zeroing in on the fruit bowl on the table. He grabbed a single apple as he passed it by and headed towards the living room. On the way there, he slowly started to peel the apple, its sweet scent quickly filling the space around him.

It was a much more preferable scent.

He plopped down on the sofa and idly watched the unfamiliar show that was playing on the screen before him. It seemed to be a show about... kings? He wasn't quite sure, since the first scene he saw was that of a throne room, so he guessed it was about kings. Looking between the TV and the apple he was peeling, he started to quietly hum.

The song was a song his brother used to lull him to sleep with. Faintly, he remembered Kyoya saying that it was something he remembered their mother did before Yuma was born. It was a way for her to calm Kyoya down.

And then, when he peered back at the TV, the only thing that he saw was a glinting crown, sitting atop a crimson throne. It... didn't invoke any harsh feelings inside him... since the crown was just a part of a dream, nothing else.

The bent, metal knife in his hand proved otherwise.

_

Chikara and Shion had called, wanting to talk about what happened that day at the school. He didn't stop them from asking questions, but he didn't answer any in reply. Chikara changed her tone, taking up a much more softer one instead. She told him that she knew he wouldn't want to move in with them, that he wasn't ready for something like that yet. As such, she agreed to take care of all of his expenses for the apartment, including his food, his clothes and his allowance expenses.

To say that he wasn't surprised would be an understatement, but at the same time... he was thankful.

_

"Okay, that's it for class," Aizawa spoke, stacking some papers, "There's only one week left until the final exams. You all are studying properly, right?" He asked, "I'm sure you already know, but it won't just be a written exam. There's also a practical component. Make sure you train your minds and bodies at the same time. That's all." With that, he left the classroom and closed the door behind himself.

"I haven't studied at all!" Kaminari and Ashido exclaimed at the same time, although their way of saying it was totally different, "With the sports festival and internship, I didn't study at all!" Kaminari looked... anxious and Ashido looked like she had no worries at all. Both of them should be anxious, since they did a rather bad job at midterms, scoring 21st and 20th place in class, respectively.

They would've placed higher if they paid attention in class, which they almost never did.

"It's true that we had one event after another, but..." Tokoyami added. He scored 15th place.

"For the midterms, we'd just started school, so they didn't cover much, so I didn't really have a hard time with them, but with the back-to-back events and stuff, the finals will be different..." Sato spoke up. He had scored 13th place and Koda had scored 12th place.