loneliness ~ 41

AN: Warning, there will be mentions of abuse in this chapter!

He waited for morning for so long that he could barely believe his eyes when the sharp shadows, cast by the street-lamps through the metallic blinds, started to fade, diluted by the onset of daylight.

The hours he spent waiting for first light felt like days had gone by.

Silky covers gently brushed over his bare skin, almost drawing out a shiver from him. He pulled them closer to his body and leaned back against the giant sofa pillows, slowly sinking into them.

It was as if he were on a cloud, which could also mean that he was feeling the effects of drowsiness—after all, he hadn't slept through the night.

This morning wasn't grey, but a mix of soothing lavender and brilliant amber. The colours merged into various shades of pink and peach, giving off a soft feeling, as if a veil of blurriness was thrown over the sky. Fluffy clouds slowly moved across the overlapping colours, drifting without an obstacle in their path.

Yet, amongst the relaxing scenery and soft lights, Yuma pulled the covers over his head and closed his eyes.

_

The next time the sun filled his vision, it was accompanied by soft knocks from his front door.

With an undeniable ache in his bones, he sat up. The silky covers slid off him and pooled around his hips, with parts of it hanging off the side of the sofa and brushing against the fluffy rug that laid next to it.

One brief look at the clock told him what time it was: 11 a.m.

It was not the usual time he woke up at, but that was to be expected if he chose not to sleep through the night.

When the soft knocking continued, he swung his legs off the side and pushed himself off the sofa. The rug felt soft on his bare feet. Strands of his hair pricked at his eyes, and he rubbed them with his fingers in an attempt to rid himself of the uncomfortable feeling. With uncoordinated steps, he made his way through the hallway and towards the front door, and after he peered through the peephole, the door clicked open.

"I wasn't expecting anyone this early," He spoke as he leaned against the doorway. "I can only guess why you're here."

The woman gave him a light quirk of the lips, "Chika told me what happened."

That was to be expected. "Did she tell you everything?"

Shion's dark irises gave out a silver sheen as the light hit them, "Yes, she did."

Yuma lightly nodded and moved to the side, "Come in, we'll talk inside."

Shion did as told.

_

"Would you like something to drink?" He offered, swiftly folding the covers atop the sofa, "I think I have some juice in the fridge."

Shion patiently waited for him to finish what he was doing, before she answered, "Iced water is fine," Yet, before Yuma could even get it for her, he was stopped. "I'd like to talk about what happened."

Of course... It wouldn't be surprising if Chikara was the one who put her up to this.

"And no, before you say anything, Chika had nothing to do with me coming here."

Yuma furrowed his brows at her, "I wasn't going to say anything."

Shion arched one, thin brow, "Are you sure about that?" She questioned, placing her bag on the sofa as she sat down. "Your expression told me otherwise."