Blue Eyes And Duct Tape

IMPORTANT: in this story, Harry is 16, Louis is 18. That means it's fetus harry BUT I didn't want it to be fetus Louis. In this story, picture long-haired Louis, tattoos and everything. Also, I know that due to the age difference they shouldn't have the same core classes but I'm gonna make them have the same classes anyway :)

Harry

I woke up to the sound of my mum's knuckles tapping against the door

"Harry? Are you up?" I hear her ask from the other side of the wood.

I decided at that very moment that no, I wasn't up. I rolled over and buried my head underneath my pillow, silently praying that maybe if I stay quiet enough, she'll walk away. That dream was short-lived as my mother opened the door and walked over to my bedside.

"Harry I wasn't born yesterday. Please get up, I can't afford to be late to my first day at the diner, and you definitely can't afford to be late on your first day of school"

I groaned and shooed her away with my hand

"Harry Edward Styles, I don't have time for your games today, get up and get ready" I hear the sound of her footsteps recede and my bedroom door closing. 

Just as I'm about to drift back to sleep, my mother's voice booms throughout the house. "If you aren't by the door, ready to go within the next 10 minutes, you're grounded"

"Alright, alright I'm up!" I toss my blanket off and sit up, pressing my bare feet against the cold hardwood. Sitting on the edge of my bed I decided that I'd much rather go to school then to hear my mother gripe at me all day. I get up and shuffle over to the boxes on the other side of my small bedroom. I open the box and pull out the first items of clothing I see, a pair of baggy blue jeans and a cherry red sweater. Realizing that I now have about 5 minutes before I have to leave, I throw on my clothes and rushed into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

"Harry it's 7:15, lets go now!" 

"Coming!" I rush back into my bedroom and slide my shoes on, only for my toes to come out the other end.

"Shit" I mumble to myself. Hurriedly, I grab my bag and rush into the living room, the sole of my shoe slapping against the wood with every step I take.

I see my mother waiting by the door, impatiently tapping her foot. 

"Mum, do you know where the duct tape is?" I yell out, rummaging through drawers trying to find anything to mend my shoe.

"Yeah, it's in your father's old toolbox" her tone switching from angry, to concerned. I rush over to the old dusty box and pull out the duct tape. "Honey, what happened?" my mum asks, eyeing the tape in my hand.

"Nothing mum it's fine, let's go we're already late" I brush past her, already feeling frustrated with today and it's barely begun. We get into the car, and as my mom pulls out of our oil-stained driveway, I begin to wrap the duct tape around the sole of my shoe.

"Oh honey I'm sorry, I didn't know your shoes were messed up. I'll try to get you some more sometime this week okay?" She places her hand on my shoulder and softly rubs it, trying to ease my nerves

"It's fine mum, I'll just wear these." Truth be told I know I need new shoes, but that purchase will set us back a month on bills and I'd much rather have heat and warm water than some new shoes.

I look down at my feet, seeing my rundown trainers wrapped up in duct tape. Great, now I'll be the new kid who walks around with fucked up shoes.

I sit back in my seat and take a deep breath. The last thing I need right now is my nerves getting the better of me.