Sweet Like Honey

Harry

There isn't much light casting through the curtains, causing Louis' bedroom to be darker than usual. Rain pitter-patters against the window-sill, the sound filling my ears and gently stirring me from a deep sleep. For a moment, everything felt ok. Everything was right in the world. 

But as usual, the thoughts came crashing down at once. It's a funny thing, really. When you first open your eyes in the morning for the smallest second, you have a sense of hope, direction, and possibly a sense of purpose. Then the previous events from the night before, or maybe the reminder that nothing is ok, hits you like a ton of bricks. It's that painful reminder, that daunting realization that robs me of the desire to open my eyes anymore. 

"What are you thinking about?" A deep raspy voice sounds from above me, causing me to jump slightly. 

I look up at him, but his eyes were already staring at me. His fringe was in disarray across his slightly damp forehead. His deep blue eyes crashed into mine like waves at sea, and just as if I were stuck in a sea storm, I lose my breath. 

"How'd you know I was awake?" I've always hated my morning voice, it's deep and gravelly, but it doesn't match me. 

"I felt your eyelashes flutter, and you started breathing a little quicker" My stomach drops at the words he spoke and I know for sure that the color of my cheeks shows the embarrassment I feel.

We look at each other for a while, neither of us saying a thing. My eyes involuntarily direct themselves to his thin pink lips and I feel my stomach lurch. Oh god. 

I basically threw myself at him last night. I don't remember much, I was too far gone, but I remember the gist of it all. I begged him to kiss me, I got on top of him and begged him to kiss me.

"So what are you thinking about, Curly?" He asks yet again, running his slender fingers through my fringe and brushing the stray curls out of my eyes. 

"Nothing." I sit up and stretch my arms out, my head lolling to the side. I can feel him staring at me, but I don't dare to turn around. 

"Curly, what's going on? Look I know that last night-" 

"Don't. Last night was a mistake." I toss the blanket off of me and try to get up from the bed, but he grabs me by the wrist and pulls me back down.

"Harry don't be this way." He sounds so desperate, and he's pleading with me, but I can't. I'm too afraid of what he's going to say. He'll tell me that he doesn't think of me in that way and that he only did what he did because he felt sorry for me. He'll only tell me what I already know,

That I'm pathetic. 

"We have nothing to talk about" I pull my wrist from his grasp, trying not to wince at the feeling of his thumb rubbing against the sensitive skin. He gets up from the bed and walks toward me, stopping inches from my face. 

"You know that's not true. We have so much to talk about" I'm beginning to think that he knows what he's doing when he looks at me this way. How could I turn away from him when his eyes soften every time they meet mine?

"I'm fine, Louis. Don't push this, okay?" It comes out like a question, but it's more of a warning. I don't want him to see what lies beneath it all. I don't want him to know how broken I am.

"Alright, You want some breakfast? We could make some pancakes?" I give him a quick nod as his arms snake around my waist and he places a gentle kiss on my forehead. I lean into his touch, and my eyes involuntarily flutter shut. 

"Sounds perfect. Why don't you go get it started and I'll be down in a minute, yeah?" He looks at me with confusion before shrugging his shoulders and placing a kiss to my left dimple. I feel my cheeks heat up as he leaves the room.