Chapter 4

--- Xander's POV ---

"Is this your apartment?" He asked.

"Yes. How'd you know?"

To my slight disappointment, the only reaction I got was a small raise of his eyebrows.

"So we're neighbors?"

"Apparently. Would you like to come inside, neighbor?" He nodded shyly, and I led him inside.

"Make yourself comfortable," I said over my shoulder. I went into the kitchen, taking off my shirt. "Is lemonade okay?"

"Um, yeah." He sat on the couch. I made the lemonade then brought the glasses into the living room. His eyes trailed down my chest before snapping back up to my face.

"What happened to your shirt?" He didn't seem to be affected, but I would get him to react.

"I was hot." I gave him his lemonade and sat down next to him.

"Thanks. If you don't mind me asking, what incident made you transfer schools?

"So polite," I mused. "I got into a fight with a group of bullies."

"Sounds fine if it's for a good reason."

I sighed, "Yeah, but I have a long history of getting into fights."

"Hmm." He took another sip of lemonade.

"You're not going to give me some kind of lecture?"

"Why would I? I'm not your mother. It was in the past, and there's nothing you can do about it now. So suck it up." He stared at me for a second then winced. "Sorry, that was uncalled for."

"No, it's okay." I smiled. It was just what I needed.

I slowly slid my hand down his thigh, and he swallowed, "D-do you want to watch a movie?"

I laughed. He's flustered. "Sure. I have a couple DVDs."

"Who uses DVDs anymore? Old man!" He teased.

We watched a couple movies, laughing about the dumb choices the characters made. Don't worry, I kept my hands to myself. But after a few hours, it was time for him to go.

"It's getting pretty late. I should leave." Fox said regretfully.

"Bye. See you tomorrow?"

"Of course." He chuckled. I watched him leave, eyes wandering to his plump ass as he walked out the door.

Two weeks went by, and I enjoyed them greatly. Fox had started riding with me to school every morning. School was more interesting, but only because I had classes with Fox. I didn't pay much attention to the teachers. Aither and Raiden seemed nice, and I saw Hank, my friend, during lunch. He had a cold on my first day at my new school, which is why I didn't see him.

Fox came over a couple more times, and we played some board games. I could have won, of course, but I decided to let Fox win instead. The big grin on his face was worth it.

"I won! I wonnn!" Fox danced around my living room. I shook my head and put away the game, chuckling.

"Fox, did you know that we have no school next week?" He stopped mid-twirl and blinked at me.

"We do?"

"Yeah, because they're repairing the water system or something." I looked on my phone for the email and showed it to him.

"Great! But, Aither told me that he's going to visit his family during the next break we have from school." He frowned. "Aww, so I'll be alone."

"You're not going to visit your family?" I looked up at him. He leaned over the back of the couch, full lips in a pout.

"Nah. They live too far away."

"Well, I'm not visiting family either, so wanna stay at my place for the week?"

"Yes!" He hugged me from behind. "This is going to be awesome!"

He pulled away, and started chattering about all the fun things we could do. Then, I realized what I had just suggested. I'm going to spend a week with the boy I'm oddly attracted to. That fascinating, weird, dirty-minded, boy. Just the two of us.

Shit.

Before Fox left, I grabbed the present from my room. I handed it to him, "Don't open it."

"Why not?" He did that cute thing where he tilted his head like a puppy.

"Because it's a secret."

"I don't like secrets." He frowned at the box.

It was about the size of my palm, and I had put a lot of thinking into picking it out. But, I was only going let him open it when the time was right.

"But you'll love it. You're just going to have to wait." I shrugged. "Unless you don't want to. I worked hard to get you that gift. It's something we can use together."

His eyes shone. "Together?" His mouth formed a perfect little o.

I smirked at him, then pushed him outside. "Bye!" I waved, then shut the door.

"Oh shit, what am I gonna do?" I scrambled around my apartment, cleaning everything up. I vacuumed underneath all my furniture, deleted my browser history, and set up the guest room.

I texted him about when he wanted to come over, and we set the date for Sunday.