Coffee in a . . . a . . . car shop?

And that was why at 3 o'clock in the morning a bunch of somewhat disgruntled Avengers, one teenager, and one death god were walking into a somewhat greasy repair shop. It sounded like the start of a bad joke.

The shop was the only thing on the street that had lights on and sounds clanged from within.

It was probably at least ten metres by ten metres, with no desk or customer reception of any sort. The walls were lined with shelves and tools of every sort - wrenches and hammers mainly. The back wall was not visible due to the amassed piles of tires, pipes and big vats of diesel.

A red some-what rusted car was in the middle of the store - or more accurately, room - it was well beaten up and no one seemed to be waiting for it. Several more cars of varying beat up-ness were parked in the small lot outside.

One other person was in the shop, a somewhat impatient looking blonde girl with full on caramel skin at least several shades darker than her hair. She was dressed in somewhat old fashioned clothes - a toga like dress that hung off her shoulders which was once white now smeared with grease.

"Uh, excuse me?" Tony asked, walking up to her. "Do you know where I could um, find the staff?"

"That's me sweetcheeks." She dead-panned. "Are you from Camp or are you just a regular?"

He gave a befuddled look to her as she surveyed their group. "And what d'you want, exactly?"

"Well we were hoping for some coffee and -"

"So just twelve humans, looking for some caffeine?" The way she said humans made it sound like some other kind of beast commonly made midnight coffee stops.

Tony was about to reply with some sarcastic retort when Peter cried out in dismay, "we are twelve!! We're supposed to have thirteen! Where's the guy that brought us here?"

The woman's eyes narrowed. "Who brought you here boy?"

"Uh."

"Calypso! Stop interrogating your guests!" Demanded the voice of Percydude.

"Guests? Are you telling me that all of these people are from the camps? Because all of them are over the age limit!"

"No, I just owe them coffee." Percydude stepped into the light and the woman - Calypso - 's eyes widened.

"Percy Jackson?"

"The one and only." He said, hunching a little as though about to get pummeled.

The woman ran up and violently clobbered our saviour, her fists smashing and digging at him. She then pulled him into a tight hug, "where have you been the past seven years Jackson? You haven't grown an inch! What happened!"

"I - uh - well. You're looking well for a former immortal . . ."

She grinned and Thanatos spoke from the back of the group, "former immortal? You must be the infamous Calypso!"

"That I would be," she grinned, "now come on down to Bunker 9 2.0."

Reaching down with her hands she popped the trap door open - the trapdoor which she had previously been standing on. A head popped out.

It was the head of a young Latino man with elvish features and wild black hair. He had dancing eyes and a crazy smile on his face. His crazy smile was accompanied by a deep frown and major lack of dimples.

"Look sunshine, just because I got grease on your dress does not mean you can shut me out. Literally. And - who are these?"

I'm currently doing Miarosekirkpatricks get to know your author challenge. Unfortunantly my tags aren't working so I'm just dedicating this chapter to her.

Challenge 1: ten things that make me happy

Reading

Writing

Friends

Food

Anything mint flavoured in particular

My cats

The book Aurora Rising makes me laugh. And then cry.

Chocolate

Being given a book you wanted 

Eating caramel popcorn

As you may have noticed I am a foodie. :D