Not courageous enough to ,

This was hidden in my draft for so many days ,I finally decided to bring it up . Just a short tale which would end within three or four chapters ,maybe.

Annika- papa plss , I don't want this marriage now. It's my final decision and that's it !

She vented out insisting him to understand her decision ,and walked past her father who held her hand immediately.

" bass annika , ab aur nahi . You're giving the same answer whenever I initate an alliance and it's already been five years since you remained denying each and every man whom I chose for you . What's in your mind ? Even if you love someone, it's Ok . I ain't like those who would oppose their child's wish , and I'm sure if my daughter has selected her future , it would be the perfect decision. I trust my annika . So plss be honest beta. You would have chosen to open up if your mother was here na ...? I feel like ,I failed , till when I have to wait annika ? "

Her father asked caressing her sleek hair while she stood tongue tied. Anger and love are two extremes which when daggered may emerge the same feel from the other . Only if he had scolded and shouted at her for hurting him she would have managed somehow, but her father has chosen to attack using weapons of concern and love for her. She couldn't act rude now rather she has to please him . But how? Will any parent remain compromised regarding his/her child's marriage when they had already practised it for the past 5 years ,without even knowing the reason for the opposition? She felt guilty for troubling her father who has been her source of strength and support after her mother's death . In fact her father is a person whom she treasures the most ,true that for every girl ,her father remains a hero and she wasn't any exception . His entire world revolved around his daughter , and he was so happy it did . After completing her UG she wanted to persue her second degree at States and he agreed half heartedly. Not that he opposed it rather just that being away from her was literally the least thing he would want from life . And after that ,she went for PhD. He accepted everything with a smile , why wouldn't he ? Her simple wish and he's already ready to fulfill it ,taking it as his honour.

Like this, she used to come up with reasons everytime when there's a conversation on her wedding . He decided to be patient till she agrees but her approval was something which he could never get .

Indeed ,it saddened him .

She looked at his disappointed face which had all the power to hurt her .

Biting her upper lips and scrolling her teeth through it harshly, she nodded .

A- don't think like that papa ,I love you so much and I know ...there's none like you . My marriage will make you happy right ? Fine , I'll meet whoever-it- is .

She watched that slowly emerging smile on his face which went wide within seconds that he was already jumping in happiness now .