Chapter Five

About a week had passed, life had moved on just as usual, at the manor, I sat on the field and stared into the sky, it was something I did whenever I wanted to be at ease.

"Oi! Alistair!" Philippe called out to me, I rolled my eyes and replied "What do you want?".
He ran up to me and sat beside me on the grass.
"Rose and I are on good terms again" he said excited
"Wow, tell me more" I replied sarcastically. Philippe punched my head in retaliation and we joke around for a while, then we saw somebody step out from the front door of the manor. It was a lady, and a maid followed behind her.
"Who's that?" Philippe asked
"I don't know, I have never seen her before" I said
"Well then we shall find out!" he said as he grabbed my hand and ran towards her direction.

We ran and hid behind a small bush, then I froze as I stared at the beauty before my eyes. She had pale skin and a lightly freckled face, a waterfall of gold hair ran down her back and she had gorgeous green eyes.
She locked eyes with me and she seemed shocked, almost scared.
"You?.." she asked
"Who?" I asked as I stepped out of the bush, but then I stopped and examined her closely. She seemed quite familiar, I had seen her somewhere before but I was not sure.
"Alistair?" she asked
"How do you know my name?" I asked in shock, then she turned around in embarrassment and walked away quickly.

I was still confused, but then I recalled an incident from a few days back where I met a strange girl at the market, I had to rescue her from a group of people who accused her of being a thief. She told me her name was Patricia, although I knew she was lying, she also spoke in a strange accent, it was obvious that she was pretending, for some reason she was hiding who she truly was. I immediately knew that this so called Patricia and the lady I just saw were the same person. But I thought to myself, what would someone like her be doing at Greenwood Manor? Only the most prestigious of people were even allowed to walk through the gates and yet I saw her stepping out from the front door.

I was still thinking but then Philippe punched me in the back and asked, "WHO IS THAT BEAUTY?! AND HOW ON EARTH DO YOU KNOW HER?!"
"I am not sure how to put it" I said,
"So you knew a goddess like that and you hid her from me?" he asked furiously
"Look, Philippe, can we continue this conversation later? I have something to do" I said as I ran off searching for lady.
I finally found her, she sat on a bench with the maid standing next to her, as she saw me approach she wanted to get up and leave, but then I said
"Wait! Please". She sat on the bench with her head down, she tried as best as she could not to look at me. I walked up to her and asked"Who are you?".She stuttered but she did not respond.
"If you are looking for Lord Hamish well I am sorry to inform you that he left a few days ago, he will be back in about two days" I told her,
"I know, well actually, I am his daughter" she replied.

"What?!" I asked in disbelief,
"Yes, I am Penelope Greenwood" she said. I knew Lord Hamish had a daughter all these years but I had never seen her before, I only saw her staring out of the windows once in a while but I never really noticed what she actually looked like. I was also shocked to find out she was the girl I met at the market. I took a bow as I remembered how much importance she had, I mean, she was the daughter of Lord Hamish.
"Well, is there anything you would like me to help with" I asked respectfully
"Everything is quite alright Alistair, I have Yesenia here to help me" she said as she gestured towards the maid.

"The weather is quite remarkable today, don't you agree Alistair?" she asked me with a smile
"Uh, y-yes" I replied nervously. She tapped the bench signaling for me to sit next to her. I hesitated at first, but then I sat. We both sat in silence for about a minute before she finally spoke up.
"You know, I have lived her all my life and yet I have never explored the length and breadth of this place. I have never actually gone outside before, unless when father takes me to go visit some of his friends. I have been locked up in this house most of my life, father is gone now so I took this as an opportunity. Of course if father was around he would definitely not allow me. Would you do me a favor and not tell him about this?" she asked me,
"Of course" I replied.