Chapter Six

Hey guys! It's jasmine😃. I'm so sorry it took so long for this chapter to come out! Okay I admit I was a bit lazy😥, but anyways, here's the chapter. I put a lot of effort into it so I hope you enjoy it!

PENELOPE'S POV

"I wonder if he has seen it already" I thought to myself as I stared out of my window remembering the letter I wrote the previous night, the letter I cried writing. I told Alistair that I was getting married to Lord Baldwin and that I would be leaving in a day, I had Yesenia help me deliver the letter. My life had only just begun to become interesting, but now I felt like all of that was coming to an end.

I wanted to at least get a chance to talk to Alistair face to face before leaving, but I could not because my father was around at the moment. "Penelope, are you sure you are alright? You have been staring out of that window for quite a while" Yesenia said
"Oh, I'm fine, just thinking" I said as I walked towards her.
"As usual, you're always lost in your own world Penelope"
"Yes, I guess you're right" I laughed.

"Penelope, I hope you are not overthinking things?" Yesenia asked suddenly.
"No..Why?" I asked confused
"Well, I just want you to try your best to get along with Lord Baldwin. He's quite a fine man, I am sure you will both eventually fall for each other" Yesenia said as she smiled.

"I know Yesenia, but, I don't wish to get married to him, why can't father understand this?" I asked Yesenia,
"I know how you feel Penelope, but there is nothing you can do about this. If I could so something you know I would, but your father has already made up his mind. I am sorry, but you just have to accept this" Yesenia said as she placed her hands on my shoulder.

I sighed and stared at the ground. Yesenia was right, there was nothing I could do about it that point, "You are going to be fine Penelope" Yesenia said as she embraced me. I smiled as we stayed in that position for a while, even though I was not happy, I just had to accept it like Yesenia said, I made up my mind to make the most out of my marriage to Lord Baldwin.

The next day finally came, and after hours of preparation, I was finally ready to leave. I walked down the stairs anxiously, I felt my heart beating loud. I did not know why I was so scared. A number of maids hurried past me to fill the carriage with some of my things. I was confused on why I had so many things to bring with me since I was returning the same day.

My father waited at the front door, as I was about to walk past him he asked me to wait.
"Remember to be well behaved. Somebody will come to get you at night time" he said.
"Alright father" I replied as I walked out the door. As I stepped towards the carriage, Yesenia walked up to me, I turned to face her. She held my hands and said
"You look beautiful. I know you will make a fine wife, remember, just be strong Penelope" I smiled and embraced her for a brief moment before saying "Thank you" and stepping into the carriage.

I took my seat and waved at Yesenia, she waved back to me before she shut the door of the carriage. As I waited for the carriage to start to move, I stared out of the window, then something caught my eye. I saw someone running towards the carriage from a distance. I could not tell who the person was until they came a bit closer.

It was Alistair, I gasped, I was not expecting to see him. He waved at me with so much energy, I laughed, but before I could wave back the carriage already started to move.

I put my hand outside of the window and waved back to him. It was nice seeing him for a brief moment before I left. I continued to smile even though some time had passed.

As I went on, I stared out of the window and studied all of these places I had never seen before. Even when I went out with father, I had never come past this part of the Kingdom. People did not seem to smile as much here than other places, people just gave me long strange stares. I found it a bit odd but I ignored it. I listened to the wheels of the carriage hit small stones on the ground for some minutes before eventually drifting into slumber.