Chapter Seven

ALISTAIR'S POV

After a hard day at work, I went out for drinks with Philippe. I sat down remembering the letter Penelope had written to me over a month ago. It was hard for me to admit, but ever since Penelope left I had not really been the same. I really did miss her, I had not seen her for so long, and now she was getting married to Lord Baldwin. I had been quite sad so I figured going out with Philippe and Virgil would be interesting, and also the bizarre nature of the bar always made me happy.

I was sipping my beer softly but then suddenly I had this strange feeling. I set the glass of beer down on the table.
"Oi! What's wrong Alistair? You haven't exactly been yourself" a clearly drunk Philippe said to me. "Really?" I asked him
"Yes, but I'm sure after a couple glasses you'll be fine" he said as he gulped down the beer in his hand.

He was right, I had not been myself, I already felt sad before we arrived at the bar but suddenly, I felt so unsettled. I was not sure why I was feeling this way, I closed my eyes and tried to be at ease, but then an image of Penelope appeared in my mind. I was confused, I knew I missed her but I was not used to images of her just randomly appearing in my mind.

I started to feel even worse, I began to sweat, I knew something was not right. All I could see was Penelope, as I tried to make sense of it a blurry picture image finally appeared. Penelope was on the floor crying and then it suddenly flashed to a man holding a sword. It did not make a lot of sense, it seemed out of order, but it still meant one thing.

"Penelope is in trouble" I suddenly said. I stood up from my chair quickly, "Is there a problem Alistair?" Rose asked me
"I need to go!" I said as I started to run towards the exit.
"Wait! Are you not going to finish up?" Rose asked me while pointing to the glass of beer I abandoned on the table. I rushed back to it and gulped it down instantly, "Don't worry! Philippe will handle the money!" I said as I ran out the exit.

I started to run back in the direction of the manor, after a few minutes I finally arrived there. I entered through the back gate us workers usually passed through. All the time I had been running I had no actual plan in mind, I just knew I had to rescue Penelope. I knew she was at Lord Baldwin's home but I did not know how to get there, so I had to find the coachman that had been dropping Penelope off there.

Most of us workers lived in the manor, lucky for me so did the coachman. I had to wake him up from his sleep just to ask for some sort of address.
"Sorry for troubling you" I apologized to him. After searching for it for some minutes he finally handed me a piece of paper with some words on them.
"I don't know what you're up to kid, but it better be good" he frowned at me, "Sorry sir! Thank you sir!" I said as I ran out of his room.

The piece of paper actually did contain an address, I just hoped it was the right one. I silently snuck into the stables, I had to be quiet because all the workers knew nobody should have been out that late, I did not want to raise any suspicions.

I went to retrieve Galorian, "What are you doing Alistair?" a sleepy Lily asked as she peeped out of my pouch, "So you have been asleep this whole time? Well anyways, I have something important to do" I told her.
"What?" she asked again, "Look Lily, I do not have time to answer right now, just go back to sleep" I told her, "Alright, if you say so" she said as she went back to sleep.

Galorian seemed happy to see me as usual, he started to neigh cheerfully, "Quiet boy" I whispered to him as I led him out of the stables and locked up the place. I started to lead him out of the manor quietly through the back gate, I finally did and mounted him.

I instructed him to move, as we gradually increased speed I had to watch out for guards, if they saw anyone out on a horse by this time that person would probably be killed, they would think they were some thief or something. When the time was right I finally let Galorian go full speed, I read the address carefully over and over again. After quite some time I finally knew that I was getting close.